SBD Housing Solutions
SBD is looking for a dedicated Maintenance Technician. Are you the one?
Working in our single-family rental properties across the Kansas City Metro area, the Maintenance Technician will diagnose problems, take detailed notes, make necessary repairs, and observe safety measures while giving our residents 5-Star customer service.
We have a pretty unique culture here at SBD, to best thrive, our ideal team player will be:
- Creative, knowing when to step outside of the box and provide solutions that improve the client experience, increase speed and efficiency, and have the best return on investment
- Organized, with exceptional time-management and project oversight using technology
- A Craftsman, understanding the value of quality, maintaining high standards through details
- Process Driven, following steps to ensure consistent operation and product up to SBD standards
- Communicative, building rapport with tenants and vendors while providing clear expectations and timelines
Here's what a day in the life of a Maintenance Technician looks like:
- Complete assigned service tickets generated from resident requests by diagnosing the source or cause of a defect or problem and making repairs following established policies, procedures, safety standards, and code requirements
- Complete the make-ready process to prepare vacant homes for leasing and new move-ins by completing the pre-move-out inspection, creating a "punch" list of maintenance work needed, scheduling vendors and contractors as needed, and obtaining supplies and materials
- Inspect the building for any structural damage to windows, doors, and walls and perform necessary repairs
- Conduct routine maintenance on equipment and systems such as HVAC units, plumbing fixtures, and electrical wiring to make sure they're operating efficiently and make any needed repairs
- Field emergency service calls when on call
- Conduct all work per company policies and procedures, state, and federal laws, e.g., OSHA, ADA, and Fair Housing
- Effectively communicate with various support teams to ensure quality documentation and reporting
What you bring to the table:
- 1-3 years of experience in painting, maintenance, remodeling, or construction
- Valid state-issued driver's license and reliable transportation
- Producer of highly precise and accurate work
- Ability to achieve goals consistently and efficiently
- Advanced computer/iPad literacy, including Microsoft Office
And it would be really cool if you had:
- Job-related certifications such as HVAC, EPA, EETC, UPC, etc.
$23 - $27 hourly
About SBD Housing Solutions
We aim to transform communities through high-quality remodels. We find distressed houses in amazing areas and work to turn them around to make beautiful homes. We've grown from a one-man show to a market-leading organization with over 30 team members who have created a #Winning culture. We take our jobs seriously, but ourselves- not so much. We know how to succeed and have a lot of fun doing it. We're a results-driven team that isn't afraid of a challenge and understands the team effort required to accomplish something great. With attainable goals, a strong leadership team, and never-ending growth opportunities, this is the place job turns into a career.
- A #Winning culture that emphasizes professionalism, quality, accountability, communication commitment
- Benefits package including Medical/HRA/HSA, Telehealth, Life, Dental, Vision insurance
- Flexible PTO/Sick Time