SBD Housing Solutions
Are you a self-disciplined person who thrives on completing your work with strong attention to detail and follow through?
Are you looking for an opportunity where you can work for a rapidly growing company where you can immediately make an impact?
We are currently looking for a hard-working and customer service-minded individual with prior HVAC maintenance experience to fulfill the Maintenance Technician position with our company. As our HVAC certified maintenance technician, you will troubleshoot, make repairs, and maintain upkeep of the 600 strong (and growing!) portfolios of rental homes and flips in the Kansas City area.
An excellent technician is knowledgeable in repairing and collaborating systems and replacing components if needed. They have experience diagnosing problems, taking detail-oriented notes, and making necessary repairs while observing all safety measures. They must be reliable and deft as well as possess great attention to detail in completing their duties. The goal is to deliver high-quality service for both our tenants and investors.
- Maintain, repair, and install heating, ventilation, and air conditioning equipment
- Diagnose and correct maintenance issues including HVAC, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, drywall, and painting
- Replace broken tile, carpet, screens, garbage disposals, fixtures, appliances, blinds, locks, and other common building materials/systems
- Ability to complete make-ready punch lists
- Properly assess and complete necessary make-ready repairs and improvements
- Multi-task with little supervision
- Take emergency calls according to the emergency call schedule
- Ability to discern between “essential and non-essential repairs”
- Identifying and purchasing required supplies from vendors for repairs
- Quoting and negotiating job prices
- Cleaning up and replacing fixtures after each project
- Communicating effectively and efficiently with team and management (Communication and customer service skills are essential! We love “people-people”!)
- Contributing to the teamwork mentality and practices of the organization
- HVAC certification
- EPA certification
- Remodeling experience preferred
- Multi-tasking with little supervision
- Highly motivated
- Self-assured and humble with a high level of integrity and honesty
- Ability to interact well with tenants in difficult/stressful situations
- Showcases exceptional customer service
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledgeable in your craft, selecting the right materials for the job with an aptitude for using appropriate tools
- Manual dexterity with excellent balance to work on scaffolding, ladders, etc.
- Ability to carry heavy equipment (painting tools, heavy buckets, ladders, etc.)
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Must be reliable, deft, and possess great attention to detail
- A positive, can-do attitude, able to fit into our team environment
- Proficiency in the following: Rent Manager, maintenance software (or be able to learn this software with relative ease)
- Experience using MS Office, Word, and Excel, Gmail
- Typing proficiency is preferred
- Good math skills
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges
$47,000 - $55,000 yearly
About SBD Housing Solutions
Our Core Values:
Professionalism – We are Ideal Team Players (humble, hungry, and smart)
committed to our customer’s and partner’s needs.
Quality – We are resolute in our commitment to delivering high-quality, sustainable,
and desirable products and services.
Accountability – We are dedicated and hardworking people who desire to be held
accountable to high standards and performance measurements.
Communication – We believe being unclear is being unkind. Respectful and transparent communication is what our customers deserve.