Adams Extract & Spice
Adams is looking to fill immediately starting in dayshift for training to transition to the 2nd shift in August.
Summary of Position:
- Troubleshoot mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems using schematics, technical drawings, and testing equipment
- Repair equipment, fixtures, systems, conveyors, and other equipment at the facility
- Modify, lubricate, diagnose, and operate equipment
- Work independently and with other team members to complete repairs in a safe and timely manner
- Create reports for repairs throughout the shift. Complete required work order paperwork documents parts and material usage
- Understand and follow plant safety rules including safe lifting practices and safe machine operation. Personal Protective Equipment is to be used where required.
- End each shift knowing you made a difference.
Sounds like you? Apply today!
- Troubleshoot & Repair equipment.
- Examine parts for defects such as breakage and excessive wear.
- Repair and replace broken or malfunctioning components of machinery and equipment.
- Repair and maintain the operating condition of industrial production and processing machinery and equipment.
- Clean, lubricate, and adjust parts, equipment, and machinery.
- Reassemble equipment after completion of inspections, testing, or repairs.
- Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools, such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches, to precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently, or the physical condition of buildings does not deteriorate.
- Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals, and parts catalogs as necessary.
- Abide by safety and sanitation regulations and follow all work procedures.
- Watch gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure the equipment is working properly.
- Report issues with equipment, materials, etc. to supervisor.
- Abides by all OSHA regulations
- 2-years of work experience in a maintenance environment or an Associate’s Degree in a maintenance-related field.
- High school diploma or GED
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong knowledge of GMPs
- Strong basic math skills
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs
- Ability to be on your feet 8-10 hours
$20 - $28 hourly
About Adams Extract & Spice
Since John A. Adams made his first product in 1888 and mixed his first vanilla extract on top of an old icebox in 1905, successive generations of Adams employees have built, extended, and sustained a respected and thriving company producing premium quality extracts and spices used with confidence daily in thousands of homes, restaurants, and food manufacturing facilities. YOU are reading this message because we want YOU to be a part of that proud tradition!