Are you an experienced maintenance technician with a passion for fixing things? If so we want to hear from you! We’re looking for a reliable maintenance professional who can keep our facilities operating efficiently. You’ll run routine inspections and maintenance and create preventative measures to keep our equipment running smoothly as long as possible and minimize any risk. Jobseekers should be hardworking problem solvers ready to go from day one. Sound like you? Apply today!
- Check the building for any damage to doors, windows, and walls, and make any repairs as needed
- Develop and execute preventative maintenance measures to keep our equipment operating efficiently and prevent any safety risks
- Take additional maintenance requests as assigned
- Make records of when any equipment was services and repairs were made
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment and systems such as plumbing fixtures, HVAC units, and electrical wiring to ensure optimal performance and make any handle any repairs
- Provides on-site technical assistance to help troubleshoot and repair equipment in a reasonable amount of time. Provides a communication link between the customer and Weber, Inc. to help ensure that effective service is provided to the customer.
- Installs and/or repairs equipment at customer's facility to ensure full functionality according to specifications in a timely manner.
- Communicate with technical logistics manager on a regular basis to give updates on current job status and receive additional job assignments.
- Maintain quality and quantity of work on equipment. Listens attentively and asks questions as appropriate. Complete work assignments with minimum supervision. Retrieve and respond to messages daily on all communication tools.
- Completes Service Documentation in Salesforce on what was repaired during the service call and time spent on the call. Reports are complete, accurate, and submitted at the time of site departure.
- Consistently makes travel arrangements within company policy guidelines and in the most cost-effective and time-efficient manner possible. Keeps service team members and customers informed of arrival times. Travel arrangements will include hotel, car rental, and airline flights.
- Weekly Expense Reports are completed in an accurate and timely manner. All expenses incurred are handled in a cost-effective manner.
- Provide contact information for the service team for future service needs and parts needs. Ensure the customer are comfortable with the operational and safety procedures of their equipment.
- Must be able to demonstrate advanced understanding of maintenance equipment, techniques and procedures
- Knowledge of heating and air conditioning units, plumbing systems, and electrical systems
- Over 2 years of maintenance experience
- Available to be on call and respond to maintenance requests on nights and weekends
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent
Required Skills and Abilities
- Electrical, pneumatic, mechanical, and machine shop skills required.
- Mechanical aptitude needed.
- Must have the ability to respond and adjust to changing or new situations. Work well in high-stress environments and maintain professionalism in dealing with customers and co-workers.
- Needs to be a self-starter and have the ability to work in unsupervised settings.
- Must be able to troubleshoot basic mechanical, electronic, and operational aspects of machines.
- Responsible for machine service and concentrates on problem-solving and preventative maintenance.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of the organization.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Office, as well as having a working knowledge of database applications and contact management systems. Salesforce Experience a plus.
Education and Experience
- Associate degree or equivalent technical school diploma in electrical or mechanical engineering or similar discipline; or two years field service, packaging, maintenance, or related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Current valid U.S. driver's license.
- Valid U.S. passport or have the ability to obtain one.
- Must have the ability to frequently travel within North America and Germany occasionally.
$21 - $32 hourly
About Weber Inc.
The success of the Weber company is relatively easy to explain: Our convincing performance and service are cause for enthusiasm. With uncompromising high quality, innovative solutions. Our markets are changing at an incredibly high speed. That is why we remain in motion. That's why we are seeking the most talented people who want to work in an environment where they are supported, challenged, and encouraged to think beyond what's possible today. We believe in the perfect portion for our customers as well as our employees.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer exceptional benefits including:
- 401(k) with matching
- Health, Dental, and Vision, Life
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible and Health spending accounts
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement