We're looking for a courteous, detail-oriented maintenance engineer to provide our guests with a five-star experience. You'll be in charge of overseeing the property’s overall upkeep and carrying out routine processes to make it fully functioning, pleasurable, and safe. Candidates for this position must be active, imaginative, and consistent in their commitment to assist our guests. If this describes you, we'd want to hear from you. If you’re a problem solver ready for a career in the hospitality field, apply today!
- Operate various tools like wrenches, hammers, screwdrivers, drills, and other maintenance equipment
- Keep an open line of communication with other team members and staff
- Remain on-call in case of emergencies by keeping a phone on hand
- Manage the hotel's machinery and preventive maintenance procedures
- Observe all engineering safety rules and criteria
- You should have the ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record required
- Stellar communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills are needed
- Must have a high school diploma or the equivalent GED
- 2-4 years of maintenance experience is required for this role
About Marriott Schaumburg
Marriott Schaumburg is located in the northwest suburbs of Chicago and boasts easy access to the highway for quick drives to downtown Chicago or O'Hare International Airport. Discover the shops at Woodfield Mall or LegoLand, both one mile from our hotel. After a productive day at Schaumburg Convention Center, unwind at TopGolf Chicago or continue your work at our hotel.