Begert Stainless, Inc.
Begert Stainless, Inc. is currently seeking experienced, quality-driven, self-motivated, team-oriented Machine Operators & Welders to join our amazing team! At BSI, we work Monday - Thursday (Four 10-hour days - First shift) and have Fridays off. Enjoy 3 day weekends throughout the year! Tank-building experience is preferred. Must be a team player and enjoy working with others. We are family-owned and provide a family-friendly work environment. The position requires Machine Operators to perform a variety of maintenance, development, and operations tasks that promote the efficient production of the manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for operating and ensuring all production equipment is running effectively and safely as well as maintaining the plant facilities for Begert Stainless, Inc. A welder demonstrates quality welding, grinding, finishing and fitting, and fabrication to meet the required employer, customer, and industry specifications.
BSI offers a competitive wage, a complete benefits package including; health, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance, a retirement plan with a matching program, paid vacation, personal days, and holidays.
Compensation is based on experience.
- Operate and set up machinery (adjust settings) to complete tasks accurately and according to specifications, in a timely manner
- Monitor and maintain all plant machinery and equipment
- Produces quality products and supports Begert Stainless Inc.’s quality system
- Manage/upkeep equipment safety policies and procedures
- Perform routine inspections of manufacturing equipment, ensuring safety and minimizing downtime
- Evaluates the efficiency of each unit regularly
- Identifies, recommends, and assists with capital improvements as needed
- Maintains accurate records, documents maintenance, and completes required paperwork
- Allocates time properly and accurately completes time records in the timekeeping system
- Monitors raw materials supplies (for machinery and equipment) to ensure efficient production and communicates resource requirements for replenishment
- Able to troubleshoot and resolve basic to moderate operating difficulties
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, specifically weld symbols, weld and material finish, required tolerances, and other written instructions and diagrams to perform the task at hand
- Understands the selection of welding base materials, gas, and filler wire and determines the appropriate welding equipment and method based on requirements.
- Prepares product to be welded by grinding, drilling, tapping, and cutting stainless steel parts
- Align components using calipers, micrometers, protractors, rulers, and tape measures
- Ability to set up a welder and understand key variables
- Properly set up all equipment (brakes, rolls, shears, drills, etc.) and use it in a safe manner
- Creates quality welds according to blueprints (using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions) and pays high attention to detail to avoid rework and errors
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure for accuracy and to discover flaws
- Creates quality finishes using hand tools, power tools, and knowledge of metal finishing techniques
- Conserve resources (e.g. consumables) whenever possible to ensure both budgetary integrity and customer satisfaction
- Maintain workstation cleanliness
- Able to work with minimal supervision and uses time efficiently
- Comply with all safety, health, and OSHA regulations and immediately reports all incidents. Intervenes with co-workers when unsafe behaviors are observed
- Support continuous production flow and upkeep of equipment
- Performs all necessary duties assigned by the Production Manager
- Communicate progress of engagements, and problems.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Three (3) years experience in a manufacturing environment, including machine operation & maintenance, preferred.
- 1-year minimum experience as a welder performing TIG weld types (TIG and MIG preferred).
- Successful completion of BSI weld testing.
Knowledge and Understanding
- Ability to read blueprints, technical documents, and drawings
- Knowledge of safety standards and willingness to use appropriate protective clothing and gear
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Ability to lift and carry objects up to 50 lbs
- Able to walk, stand, bend and stoop on a regular basis
- Able to stand and work for long periods of time (8-10 hours)
- Ability to lift, twist, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, sit, and climb on an occasional basis
$18 - $25 hourly
About Begert Stainless, Inc.
Who we are
Begert Stainless, Inc. "BSI", founded in 2002, is a Preferred Stainless Tank / Vessel Manufacturer. We are known for our high-quality workmanship and exceptional service. Our work is precise, detailed, and complete. We are passionate about the industries we serve, are focused on our customers' needs, and providing tailored solutions. We continually strive to steward BSI with the highest integrity and ethical standards to the benefit of our customers, team members, their families, and the communities we serve.
To honor and glorify God by providing precise, complete fabrication and nationwide installations of stainless process systems, as we manage BSI with the utmost integrity and the highest ethical standards. (Matthew 5:16)
Our Core Values
Integrity - Honesty - Loyalty - Perseverance - Respect