- Aerostar SES LLC is looking for a Mid-Level Environmental Technician/ Equipment Operator for the three offices shown above. All candidates must be organized, self-motivated, and have availability to travel extensively. We offer an attractive compensation/benefits package including full medical/dental insurance. We also offer a great opportunity to participate on challenging State and Federal contracts. This position will involve work performing a variety of construction projects throughout the Southeast and the US.
- Heavy equipment operators at ASL are responsible for operating multiple types of heavy equipment in civil construction such as excavators and bulldozers of all sizes to excavate, move and grade materials within finish specifications, and install/erect structures in a safe and efficient manner.
- Observe and comply with all company and site-specific safety and project policies. Ensure that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed.
- Provide input to Activity Hazard Analysis or Job Safety Analysis development.
- Perform daily pre-inspection and on-going maintenance checks while operating equipment.
- Operate all heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner to minimize the risk of injury, property damage or loss of life according to all relevant policies and procedures.
- Excavate, move, and grade earth/aggregate or mix ingredients according to site specifications and within limitations of equipment in a safe and productive manner as determined by site construction conditions.
- Achieve acceptable rough and finish grades in all types of soils and conditions.
- Constant inspection and surveillance of surroundings before and during operation to ensure safe ground or slope conditions exist, as well as adequate distance observed for other equipment or personnel.
- Communicate with others by all means possible (visible or radio contact) including interpreting hand signals to determine where materials are to be placed or loaded.
- Work independently and conduct tasks with limited supervision.
- Perform duties efficiently and safely under direction of Foreman, Site Superintendent, or other responsible field/project management.
- Assist in lifting, positioning and securing of materials/work pieces during installation and for the care and custody of equipment being operated, including daily cleaning and maintenance, and reporting all equipment maintenance issues to Superintendent.
- 4+ years of experience in heavy equipment operations and civil construction.
- Experience operating loaders, rubber-tired backhoes, excavators, roller/compactors, skid steer loaders, forklifts, and dozers including material handling and grading.
- Experience using Personal Protective Equipment.
- Knowledge in OSHA regulations regarding excavation methods and practices.
- Must be willing to function as general laborer or collect environmental samples when needed.
EDUCATION TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma/General Education Diploma (GED) or demonstrated proficiency in required tasks
- Must be able to read and properly interpret load charts for associated heavy equipment, manufacturer-approved attachments and read survey stakes for alignment and grading.
- Required to pass skills test prior to operating equipment
- Must be able to understand and demonstrate limitations of equipment
- Current First Aid/CPR
- OSHA 40-hr HAZWOPER preferred, but not required
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Mobility to access multiple site locations as needed
- Lifting up to 75 pounds and standing for extended periods of time
- Ability to use respiratory protection, protective clothing and equipment as required.
- Candidates must successfully pass standard ASL pre-employment physical (fit-for-duty),
- Drug and background screens.
- Candidates must be able to meet the requirements of background checks in order to gain access to numerous military bases.
$18 - $25 hourly
About SES Group
We offer competitive benefits to include: Profit Sharing, Medical/Dental/Vision, Life Insurance, Retirement Savings Plan, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Annual Leave, etc.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to any protected category. We are also an advocate of preferential hiring and professional development of qualified Bristol Bay Native Corporation shareholders, their spouses and descendants, and Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.