We are seeking a Logistics Manager to oversee and manage the Delivery Associate. You will be ensuring the delivery of packages to customers and maintain the delivery flow process. The ideal candidate will be a collaborative and confident problem solver who is able to lead a team and work with 3rd party logistic leaders.
The right candidate will be able to improve profitability, efficiency within processes, and deliver customer satisfaction by implementing new operations and service strategies.
- Scheduling staff on a weekly bases.
- Account for equipment beginning shift and end of shift.
- Track on-time performance to ensure internal targets are achieved.
- Audit and process DOT regulations and compliance.
- Ensure SOP compliance with health and safety legislation.
- Develop strategic plans for optimized productivity.
- Review and improve organizational effectiveness by developing processes, overseeing employees, establishing a highly motivated work environment, and creating innovative approaches for improvement.
- Provide guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas.
- Oversee day-to-day operations, assigning weekly performance goals, and assuring their completion, while accomplishing your own goals.
- Maintain project timelines to ensure tasks are accomplished on time.
- Develop, implement, and maintain budgetary and resource allocation plans for scheduling.
- Delegate responsibilities to the best employees to perform them while enforcing all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines, training programs, and cultural values.
- Resolve internal staff conflicts efficiently and to the mutual benefit of those involved
- Proven experience in a managerial role
- Strong decision-making capabilities
- Above-average communication, collaboration, and delegation skills
- Ability to motivate and lead people, and hold employees accountable
- Strong working knowledge of operational procedures
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, enterprising environment.
- Analytical with moderate MS Excel skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Self-starter/learner that can drive cross-functional projects.
- Commitment to process improvement.
- Ability to be fluid and adaptable to changing priorities and needs.
- Experience and ability to work independently as a member of a team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics or minimum 1-3 years of experience in logistics.
$19 - $24 per hour
About Acme Freight
Acme Freight, an Amazon Delivery Service Provider (DSP). As a contractor for Amazon, the most well-recognized and fastest-growing e-commerce organization in the world, they entrust us to be professional, friendly, respectful of customers and deliver SMILES every day to every customer. Acme Freight believes employees deserve to be treated with respect, by leaders who care about their safety, security and personal needs. Acme Freight believes in the values of honesty and integrity, timeliness, and safety. As such, we expect all employees to adhere to these values.