We are hiring a Logistics Coordinator! You will be responsible for planning and assisting with inbound transport for LTL/TL shipments of select raw materials. You will prepare monthly shipping reports on outbound order fulfillment for the Supply Chain Manager.
The Logistics Coordinator will identify quality carriers that promote cost-saving initiatives and maintain the highest level of quality.
Work shifts may extend beyond 8 hours in overtime situations, include weekends or alternate work schedule arrangements.
- Work closely with the Warehousing and Sales functions on coordinating outbound finished goods shipments.
- Implement and enforce KPI’s and penalties for mishandling of goods and late/missed deliveries.
- Hold transport companies liable for damages and late shipments.
- Analyze monthly data for maximizing value and transportation efficiencies.
- Monitor outbound transportation’s on-time delivery performance to the customer’s end location.
- Create scorecard rating on all logistic platforms promoting the highest level of quality.
- Negotiate and monitor freight rates, fuel surcharges, miscellaneous fees.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (A minimum 5 years planning and execution experience in Logistics)
- Preferred: Food and Beverage, Consumer Goods, or Automotive Experience
- Must have advance knowledge of LTL/TL freight class and shipping routes
- Knowledge and ability to use internal ERP technology platform as well as strong skills with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel
- Candidate must be able to work at desk using computer, telephone and other basic office equipment effectively
$45,000 - $50,000 per year