Receive, store, and distribute products within the warehouse and update inventory in the company inventory system.
- Read pull sheets to determine items to be pulled.
- Assemble customer orders from stock and convey them to the shipping area.
- Verify and record the number of items distributed.
- Process packing slips.
- Process truck bill of lading.
- Verify and record the number of items received.
- Process barcodes.
- Label items with identifying information.
- Convey items from receiving area to the storage area by using a powered industrial truck, hand truck, and/or pallet jack.
- Sort items and place them in the appropriate location.
- Update inventory records using the computer.
- Maintained inventory records.
- Other duties as assigned by supervision/management.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and 3 – 6 months experience and/or training in a manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Operate powered industrial truck
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must constantly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds
$36,000 - $40,000
About KMS, Inc
Welcome to KMS, a World Class Precision Metal Fabricator with over 250,000 square feet and a total of 3 plants in Pennsylvania and South Carolina.
At KMS we utilize the latest computer-aided manufacturing and design equipment to provide our customers with timely delivery of high-quality parts at very competitive pricing.
With a legacy dating back to 1954, KMS adheres to the philosophy of its founder; we are committed to complete customer satisfaction and continuously strive to meet and exceed customer expectations.
KMS offers competitive starting rates along with an excellent benefits package that includes Affordable Health/Dental/Vision/Flexible Spending Accounts and a Wellness Program. Also provided is Company Paid Life Insurance/Short- and Long-Term Disability, Paid Holidays, and Paid Vacation.