USKO Group- Logistics/Expedite/Express
USKO Logistics is a rapidly growing 3PL organization. We are looking for an experienced Logistics Freight Broker with their own expansive book of business to join our excellent team.
The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, reliable, ambitious, and eager to put in the time and effort needed to take the business to the next level.
The candidate’s main overall purpose will be to develop and increase the number of customers, utilizing Usko Logistics services, build-out on their existing book of business, and expand the company’s operations to service different industries within the United States.
Office Location: Tinley Park, IL 60477 (this is an in-office role and no remote work is planned). Candidates must be comfortable commuting to this office location on a day-to-day basis. Hours of Operation are 7am - 4pm.
- Generate new leads and develop new customers
- Identify and onboard new carriers based on compliance requirements
- Develop transportation relationships with shippers, accept/decline to negotiate pricing, rate competitiveness, and assess service regularly
- Source new customers and quote their transit lanes
- Book and negotiate loads with carriers
- Develop/implement/monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) with a specific focus on cost, efficiency, quality, and service.
- Provide training and guidance to new hires who are beginning their brokerage careers
- Ability and willingness to support carrier management duties as needed by the business
- Perform brokerage-related administrative activities
- Review the performance of carriers and service providers
- 2-5 Years of experience in 3PL logistics freight brokerage
- Must have their own book of business, built upon a 3PL operational platform (current/previous customers)
- Has extensive sales experience and a communicative personality.
- Ability to perform responsibilities with minimal direction
- Ability to problem-solve independently
- Ability to maintain excellent record keeping
- Loyal and hardworking with a team-first mentality
- Ability to expand and grow a book of business and client relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Positive attitude and great persuasion capacity.
- Good familiarity with documentation and contracts related to freight transportation
- College degree preferred but not necessary
- Freight Brokers Course/Education preferred but not necessary
Various benefits provided - such as medical, dental, vision. As well as company-sponsored Life AD&D
About USKO Group- Logistics/Expedite/Express
The USKO Group is rapidly growing and expanding globally in the transportation industry. Offering the highest quality transportation services, we work around the clock to ensure that we provide our customers with unbeatable service and rates.
Our company offers benefits such as medical, dental, vision. As well as company-sponsored Life AD&D. All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test as well as a mandatory background check.