Fairway Independent Mortgage
We are looking for a detail-oriented mortgage underwriter to grow with our team! You’ll be responsible for analyzing and verifying real estate loan applications while evaluating risks and making loan decisions. The ideal applicant has a thorough understanding of the latest industry trends and is able to organize and prioritize their tasks efficiently and effectively. Job seekers who feel they’re a great fit for the role are highly encouraged to apply.
- Ensure once all information is gathered that it is accurate, compliance standards are met, and it is in congruence with company policies
- Verify mortgage applications including supporting documents to be certain they contain all pertinent information for loan approval
- Conduct a thorough search of clients’ financial and employment history to ensure accuracy of application and documents
- Document in detail reasons for approving or rejecting a loan for our loan officers and clients
- Request additional information as needed on all documents to help determine loan risk
- Understanding of home loans and residential mortgages such as FHA, VA, conventional, and USDA, and loan products
- Excellent decision-making and communication skills
- Knowledgeable in automated underwriting systems and Microsoft office
- 5+ years of Underwriting experience
- Management and Encompass experience is a plus
- High School diploma or equivalent
- DE Certification or SARS Certification to qualify (both preferred)
$90,000 - $120,000 yearly
About Fairway Independent Mortgage
Here at Fairway Independent Mortgage, we exemplify a hard-working, family-oriented work culture and know the importance of taking great care of our employees.
We pride ourselves on giving back to our staff by offering many different company benefits, upholding a humble, family-like work culture, and consistently helping our employees reach their career goals.
We look forward to bringing on candidates who are looking for a teamwork culture that we provide here at our company.