Locke Your Loan
We are looking for a detail-oriented mortgage underwriter to grow with our team! You’ll be responsible for analyzing and verifying real estate loan applications while evaluating risks and making loan decisions. The ideal applicant has a thorough understanding of the latest industry trends and is able to organize and prioritize their tasks efficiently and effectively. Job seekers who feel they’re a great fit for the role are highly encouraged to apply.
- Verify mortgage applications including supporting documents to be certain they contain all pertinent information for loan approval
- Research applicant’s employment and financial history to help determine the accuracy of application and documents
- Make sure that after information is collected that it is correct, compliance standards are met, and it is in alignment with company policies
- Document in detail reasons for approving or rejecting a loan for our loan officers and clients
- Send requests as needed for any additional information that will help determine loan risk
- B.S. in business or related field required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office and automated underwriting systems
- 2+ years of mortgage underwriting experience or mortgage lending experience is required
- Understanding of home loans and residential mortgages such as FHA, VA, conventional, and USDA, and loan products
- Strong decision-making and communication skills
About Locke Your Loan
At Locke Your Loan, our clients are our passion. My team and I have over 25 years of experience in the mortgage world and I started Locke Your Loan in 2017. The company is a full-service broker that provides more than just loan options — we meet all of our client's needs, are available every step of the process, and go the extra mile to ensure our clients are placed in a house that they can call home. We provide a full client experience, a wide variety of home financing, refinancing, low fees, and the best rates possible at the time of application. We set meaningful, aggressive goals that we pursue EVERY day. My team and I accomplish those goals by foreseeing and overcoming obstacles and finding a way to WIN on their behalf.