Amcap Mortgage, Ltd
Our team is expanding and we’re looking for a Mortgage Underwriter expert to help make quality decisions for our clients on VA, FHA, and conventional loans.
You’ll identify, examine, and balance transactional, borrower, and property-related risks and offsets, to determine a loan approval, suspense, counteroffer, or denial. You’ll also be responsible for inspecting credit reports, income documentation, asset documentation, liabilities, property appraisals, and title reports to make sure that loans meet company standards, government regulations, and standards for sale to the secondary market.
In this role, you’ll also be considered the resident specialist for the company, partners, and management, on all matters related to underwriting and will provide advice and support to these parties in their functional areas.
Job seekers should have exceptional knowledge of the loan process and various types of mortgage documents and investor requirements. You should also have excellent time management skills, and be able to efficiently produce accurate, high-quality work.
If you’re a driven, self-motivated mortgage professional looking for your next career move, this is your big opportunity to join a top-notch lending team. Apply now!
- Record reasons for approval or denial of loans and convey those reasons to loan officers and clients so they are well aware of those decisions
- Assess applications and appropriate disclosures to make sure they are compliant with all of the investor, Federal, and State requirements
- Keep up with the latest loan products and origination requirements and make continuous recommendations for improvement opportunities to management based on the current underwriting environment
- Engage specific strategies (e.g., determine appropriate individuals to resolve escalated customer issues, etc.) to answer questions and concerns and rework loans to new terms, and identify additional conditions, as needed
- Determine if there are any risk and/or possible misrepresentation during the loan application review process
- NMLS license preferred or must be willing to get licensed within 90 days of hire
- Experience with AUS (LP/DU/GUS), Encompass software, and Mortgage Electronic Registration Systems (MERS)
- 5 or more years or mortgage experience, including at least 2 years of underwriting experience
- Should have the ability to make solid underwriting decisions while meeting internal deadlines and also give quick and correct answers on multiple loan project guidelines
- Strong customer service skills while also being able to represent the company brand in a positive way
$82,000 - $120,000 yearly
About Amcap Mortgage, Ltd
TOP Rated employer 9 years in a row! You will be Empowered and GROW with AmCap Home Loans.