Amcap Mortgage, Ltd
We are seeking an attentive and goal-oriented professional to join our top-producing team as a Mortgage Underwriter to assist with making quality decisions on FHA, VA, and conventional loans.
You’ll be responsible for identifying, analyzing, and balancing transactional, borrower, and property-related risks and offsets to arrive at a loan decision of approval, suspense, counteroffer, or denial. You will leverage your thorough knowledge and ability to analyze credit reports, income documentation, asset documentation, liabilities, property appraisals, and title reports, to ensure loans meet company standards, government regulations, and standards for sale to the secondary market.
You’ll also act as a recognized subject matter expert within the company and with partners and management on underwriting-related issues by providing analytical support and counseling advice for their respected functional areas.
The person in this position must possess knowledge of the loan process with various types of mortgage documents and investor requirements and be able to prioritize assignments, stay organized, and produce accurate work.
If you are a self-motivated, team-oriented, and career-minded mortgage professional who thrives in a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment and seeks to achieve a high level of success, then you won’t want to miss this opportunity. Apply now!
- Confirm and clear conditions on loans by making sure that all the necessary information is gathered, and it is correct, classified correctly, organized, compliant, and congruent with company policies
- Implement specific strategies (e.g. identify the appropriate parties to settle customer issues, etc.) to respond to questions and concerns and rework loans under new terms, and identify additional conditions, when necessary
- Review all mortgage items and conditions provided by borrowers to ensure all necessary information is included for approval and meet required guidelines utilizing internal and external (e.g. agency) policies and procedures (e.g. automated underwriting systems like Desktop Underwriter(DU))
- Document reasons for approval or rejection of loans and communicate those reasons with clients and loan officers so they are well-informed of those decisions
- Assess applications and appropriate disclosures to make sure they are compliant with all of the investor, Federal, and State requirements
- 5 or more years or mortgage experience, including at least 2 years of underwriting experience
- Applicants with an NMLS license preferred but will accept candidates willing to be licensed within 90 days of hire
- Experience with AUS (LP/DU/GUS), Encompass software, and Mortgage Electronic Registration Systems (MERS)
- Strong customer service skills while also being able to represent the company brand in a positive way
- Preference for candidates with SAR and DE licenses and exceptional knowledge of conventional and/or government loan selling and underwriting guidelines (VA, FHA, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, etc.)
$75,000 - $135,000 yearly
About Amcap Mortgage, Ltd
Work for the Top Rated to work for company 9 years in a row in the Houston area!
You will work side by side with our #1 producing sales person of 2020