America's Mortgage Solutions
Our team is expanding and we’re looking for a Mortgage Underwriter expert to help make quality decisions for our clients on VA, FHA, and conventional loans.
You’ll identify, examine, and balance transactional, borrower, and property-related risks and offsets, to determine a loan approval, suspense, counteroffer, or denial. You’ll also be responsible for inspecting credit reports, income documentation, asset documentation, liabilities, property appraisals, and title reports to make sure that loans meet company standards, government regulations, and standards for sale to the secondary market.
In this role, you’ll also be considered the resident specialist for the company, partners, and management, on all matters related to underwriting and will provide advice and support to these parties in their functional areas.
Job seekers should have exceptional knowledge of the loan process and various types of mortgage documents and investor requirements. You should also have excellent time management skills, and be able to efficiently produce accurate, high-quality work.
If you’re a driven, self-motivated mortgage professional looking for your next career move, this is your big opportunity to join a top-notch lending team. Start your application today!
- Communicate and document reasons for approval or rejection of loans so clients and loan officers are well-informed of decisions
- Identify any risk issues and/or potential misrepresentation during the loan application review process
- Check all mortgage items and conditions given to you by the borrower to assure that all necessary information is provided for approval and meet required guidelines by using internal and external (e.g. agency) policies and procedures (e.g. automated underwriting systems like Desktop Underwriter))
- Evaluate applications and relevant disclosures to assure compliances with all Federal, State, and investor requirements
- Maintain knowledge of all the latest loan products and origination requirements and continually suggest improvement opportunities to management based on the current underwriting environment
- Prior experience with AUS (GUS/DU/LP) Calyx Point software, and Mortgage Electronic Registration Systems (MERS)
- Preference for candidates with SAR and DE licenses and exceptional knowledge of conventional and/or government loan selling and underwriting guidelines (VA, FHA, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, etc.)
- NMLS license preferred or must be willing to get licensed within 90 days of hire
- Must be able to make quality underwriting decisions with maintaining company turn-time expectations and provide quick and accurate answers on multiple loan project guidelines
- 5 or more years or mortgage experience, including at least 2 years of underwriting experience
60000 - 125000 yearly
About America's Mortgage Solutions
We are a mortgage brokerage firm recognized for outstanding customer service. If you are buying or refinancing a home, we provide personal contact with an experienced team of mortgage consultant experts. To ensure exceptional service, we control the entire mortgage process from application through closing. Our dedicated team of professionals is with you every step of the way.
Our Forward & Reverse Mortgage Loan Officers are dedicated to building strong relationships with consumers and real estate agents by finding the best solution for your individual situation. We offer a variety of mortgage options, competitive pricing, and sound advice.