Our top-notch lending team is looking for a goal-driven Mortgage Underwriter to assist with making quality decisions on VA, FHA, and conventional loans for our clients.
Your main responsibilities will include identifying, examining, and balancing transactional, borrower, and property-related risks and offsets to arrive at a loan decision of approval, suspense, counteroffer, or denial. You will also use your analytical skills and extensive knowledge of the loan process to thoroughly inspect credit reports, income documentation, asset documentation, liabilities, property appraisals, and title reports to make sure that loans meet company standards, government regulations, and standards for sale to the secondary market.
In addition, you will be considered the subject matter expert of the company and with partners and management on all underwriting-related issues and provide any and all analytical support and counseling advice in their functional areas as needed.
To succeed in this position, you must have a strong understanding of the loan process with knowledge of the various types of mortgage documents and investor requirements. You should also be able to effectively prioritize your time on projects and produce an accurate, high-quality work product.
If you’re a self-driven, motivated professional looking to achieve a high-level of success in the mortgage industry, then this is the opportunity for you. Reach out to us today!
- Check all mortgage items and conditions given to you by the borrower to assure that all necessary information is provided for approval and meet required guidelines by using internal and external (e.g. agency) policies and procedures (e.g. automated underwriting systems like Desktop Underwriter))
- Maintain knowledge of all the latest loan products and origination requirements and continually suggest improvement opportunities to management based on the current underwriting environment
- Execute specific strategies (e.g., identify who the appropriate individuals are to assist in resolving customer issues, etc.) and to answer questions and concerts and rework loans to new terms, and determine any additional concerns, as necessary
- Communicate and document reasons for approval or rejection of loans so clients and loan officers are well-informed of decisions
- Validate and clear conditions on all loans and assure that once all of the pertinent information is gathered, that it is accurate, classified properly, organized, compliant, and congruent with company policies
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to represent the company brand in a positive light
- SAR and DE licenses preferred with strong understanding of government and/or conventional loan selling and underwriting guidelines (e.g., Freddie Mac, FHA, VA, Fannie Mae, etc.)
- Possess the ability to make clear underwriting determinations while meeting our turn-time expectations and provide timely and accurate answers on several loan project guidelines
- At least 5 years of mortgage experience and 2 years of underwriting experience
- Prior experience with AUS (GUS/DU/LP) Encompass software, and Mortgage Electronic Registration Systems (MERS)
$60,000 - $95,000 yearly