We are looking for a detail-oriented mortgage underwriter to grow with our team! You’ll be responsible for analyzing and verifying real estate loan applications while evaluating risks and making loan decisions. The ideal applicant has a thorough understanding of the latest industry trends and is able to organize and prioritize their tasks efficiently and effectively. Job seekers who feel they’re a great fit for the role are highly encouraged to apply.
- Search clients’ employment and financial histories thoroughly to determine accuracy of all documentation
- Send requests as needed for any additional information that will help determine loan risk
- Examine all documents and mortgage loan applications verifying that all necessary information is included for approval
- Communicate and document reasons for approval or rejection of loans so clients and loan officers are well-informed of decisions
- Make sure that after information is collected that it is correct, compliance standards are met, and it is in alignment with company policies
- Knowledgeable in automated underwriting systems and Microsoft office
- Knowledge of home loans and residential mortgages such as conventional, VA, FHA, and USDA loans, and loan products
- Strong decision-making and communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or a related field
- 2+ years of mortgage underwriting experience or mortgage lending experience is required
- Team player
- FHA delegation required
$75,000 - $120,000 yearly
With over 160 locations and 1,800 employees, Paramount Residential Mortgage Group Inc. (PRMG) is one of the largest, independently owned mortgage banks in the nation. We are looking for a highly dependable candidate who can support and contribute to the success of our PRMG Dadeland Branch.
At PRMG Dadeland we understand our greatest asset is our team members who are on the front lines every day getting loans to the closing table. We value each one of our employees and pride ourselves on providing a supportive atmosphere within our branch. It is our goal to harbor an environment of teamwork and synergy to edify each other daily.