Cornerstone Home Lending of South Florida
Are you an organized, detail-oriented, mortgage industry professional looking for a lucrative opportunity on a growing team? We’re expanding and looking for an experienced mortgage underwriter to join us. You’ll conduct a thorough analysis of all real estate loan applications to ensure correct completion based on current investor guidelines and industry standards. If your skills align with the role, let’s connect!
- Research applicant’s employment and financial history to help determine the accuracy of application and documents
- Make sure that after information is collected that it is correct, compliance standards are met, and it is in alignment with company policies
- Review all mortgage applications and supporting documents to ensure all necessary information is included for approval
- Communicate and document reasons for approval or rejection of loans so clients and loan officers are well-informed of decisions
- Inquire about any additional information that is needed to determine loan risk
- Knowledgeable in automated underwriting systems and Microsoft office
- Familiarity with home loans and residential mortgages such as FHA, USDA, VA, conventional loan guidelines, and loan products
- Strong decision-making and communication skills
- At least 2 years of mortgage underwriting experience or mortgage lending experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or a related field
$100,000 - $150,000
About Cornerstone Home Lending of South Florida
Established in 1988, Cornerstone is a refreshingly unique national home lender with thousands of highly-satisfied clients who return to Cornerstone year after year, loan after loan. We are guided by a heart of service, we operate with integrity, we treat our clients with the utmost respect, we listen to determine the right loan program that meets our clients' goals, and we meet the agreed-upon closing date.