Hawkins Home Loans, Inc.
We are currently seeking an experienced and detail-oriented mortgage loan processor for our dynamic lending team. The ideal candidate will have years of mortgage processing experience, a can-do attitude, and a proven track record of providing solutions in the mortgage lending industry. If you are looking for a lucrative position that will help you reach your financial goals, we’d love to talk with you!
- Assemble and submit loan packages to the lender underwriters for approval or denial
- Decide the creditworthiness and complete the mortgage loan application by working with the borrower to obtain necessary and verified financial documentation, such as credit reports
- Ensure loan files meet lending and regulatory guidelines and policies
- Secure property and loan documentation to process mortgage loan files such as appraisals, inspections, title searches, site surveys, contracts, and property tax records
- Maintain detailed documentation of the process in our system - from origination to close
- Manage a loan pipeline and maintain an efficient and compliant flow through the loan process
- Order the following property and loan documentation as necessary for each file: verification of employment, evidence of insurance, payoffs, tax transcripts, credit supplements, condo questionnaires, subordination requests, and title work to ensure a smooth loan process
- Submit detailed loan packages to the lender underwriting department for approval or denial. Communicate with underwriters to clarify conditions and satisfy these by coordinating with the borrower
- Maintain detailed documentation of the loan process in our system - from origination to close
- Follow up on loan documentation ordered in a timely manner to ensure closing dates and company deadlines are met
- Handle all borrower communication from the point of contract to closing the loan
- Act as a liaison between applicants, mortgage brokers and loan officers, real estate agents, and mortgage lending underwriters to help further loan approval
- Experience in mortgage lending and knowledge of loan types, such as FHA, FHLB, FNMA, or VA loans required
- Must possess exceptional attention to detail, as well as strong analytical and time management skills
- 2 years minimum experience in loan processing required
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High school diploma or GED required - Associate’s degree in accounting, finance, or business preferred
- Minimum 2 years mortgage processing experience, 5+ preferred
- Current or previous experience as a Processor, LOA, Loan Partner, Loan Officer, and/or Underwriter
- Must have a current working knowledge of mortgage loan products (FHA/VA/CONV/USDA) and knowledge of mortgage procedures, processes, and documentation
- Know how to analyze credit reports, income, and asset documents, as well as general ways to structure a loan
- Experience working in a broker’s environment and using Calyx Poin software
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail, and must be organized and have excellent time management skills
About Hawkins Home Loans, Inc.
Our primary objective is to take our client's goals and walk them through the process step by step. Developing relationships and bonds within our community is our success story.