Jeff Wilmoth Team at Homestar
We are currently seeking an experienced and detail-oriented mortgage loan processor for our dynamic lending team. The ideal candidate will have years of mortgage processing experience, a can-do attitude, and a proven track record of providing solutions in the mortgage lending industry. If you are looking for a lucrative position that will help you reach your financial goals, we’d love to talk with you!
- Work with the borrower to gather financial information such as credit reports, verify the accuracy to determine creditworthiness, and complete the mortgage loan application
- Prepare and submit detailed loan packages to the lender underwriting department for approval or denial
- Assist borrowers in determining the best mortgage type based on interview and situation
- Order property and loan documentation such as appraisals, inspections, title searches, site surveys, contracts, and property tax records to help process mortgage loan files
- Liaise between the mortgage lending underwriting department, mortgage loan originators, real estate agents, and applicants to facilitate loan approval
- At least 2 years of loan processing experience required
- Strong analytical and time management skills and superior attention to detail
- FHA, FHLB, FNMA, or VA loan product knowledge and mortgage lending experience required
- High school diploma or GED required - Associate’s degree in accounting, finance, or business preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a requirement
- Know how to analyze credit reports, income, and asset documents, as well as general ways to structure a loan.
- NMLS license
- Minimum 2 years of processing experience, preferably with remote experience
About Jeff Wilmoth Team at Homestar
HOMESTAR is a full-service mortgage banker controlling every aspect of the loan process with in-house processing, underwriting, closing, and funding of each mortgage transaction. Having an in-house team separates HOMESTAR from other mortgage companies and it is easier for HOMESTAR mortgage lenders to communicate quickly and effectively with every department needed to close a transaction.
HOMESTAR offers a variety of home mortgage solutions, including USDA, FHA, VA, Conventional, Jumbo, and Super Jumbo programs.
HOMESTAR’s headquarters are located in The Gym of 36 in Gainesville, Georgia, which is the old Gainesville High School Gym.
HOMESTAR has become a regional leader in the southeastern United States, licensed to conduct business in 21 states across 80 branches. HOMESTAR has been listed as Atlantas Top Work Places as well as many other awards.
Jeff Wilmoth has over 20 years of mortgage experience and is the branch manager of the Homestar Newnan Branch.