We are looking for a highly-skilled loan officer assistant, whose primary responsibility is to assist the Loan Officer (MLO) by ensuring that mortgage loans move efficiently through the loan process. This position requires a unique mix of sales and customer service skills, plus the ability to manage loan files from beginning to end. Effective communication skills are essential for building relationships that help us to obtain future business. If you are detail-oriented, thorough, and can offer top-notch customer service then we need to talk!
- Gather and coordinate necessary loan documentation necessary for verifications and underwriting such as loan files, loan packages, credit reports, and additional mortgage application paperwork
- Review all loan package documentation for discrepancies, omissions, and income calculation then report any discrepancies to the loan originator
- Assist high-producing Mortgage Loan Originators (MLOs) in aspects of mortgage loan processing.
- Submitting applications through closing while meeting strict deadlines.
- Provide outstanding customer service to borrowers and employees.
- Work with loan processors, underwriters, closers, and MLO's ensuring the timely and effective progression of each loan.
- Review and analyze file accuracy.
- Gather needed documentation.
- Proactively manage MLO's pipelines, and effectively communicate with borrowers, realtors, appraisers, and attorneys regarding the status of their loan.
- Regularly provide updates on the status of any pending loans.
- Answer incoming telephone calls and resolve client inquiries.
- Prepare written correspondence and memos as requested by loan officers.
- Although not required, having an NMLS license or training is preferred
- 5+ years of professional office environment experience as a loan officer assistant or mortgage assistant preferred
- Possess an advanced understanding of different loan products, such as conventional loans, FHA, VA, adjustable/ fixed, commercial loans, etc.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. College degree in finance or banking preferred
- Highly motivated and goal-oriented with excellent customer service and communication skills
$36,000 - $60,000 yearly
About Choice Mortgage
Since 1995, Choice Mortgage has been providing Floridians with the best real estate financing programs available. As a licensed mortgage wholesale lender committed to broker and correspondent lending, we offer a wide variety of services and programs that satisfy unique needs of each of our clients.
Our staff has a deep knowledge of the mortgage market and rapidly responds to all of the new opportunities that are made available. We are a direct lender and offer multiple outlets for your loan. Our staff applies your personal scenario to the best available program to ensure financial savings and quick closings.