Do you love helping people get their dream home but don’t love hunting for new leads? If so, we’re looking for you! We’re hiring a full-time loan partner that will work alongside our loan officer to structure loans for clients and help get applicants mortgage-ready. While our loan officer is out in the field driving in more loan business to fill the pipeline, you’ll be analyzing customer credit, reviewing income, and assessing documents to ensure an efficient and successful close.
Jobseekers should be the highly-motivated, goal, and detail-oriented professionals driven to succeed. Since this is a salaried position, you’ll never have to worry about commission. If you’re a loan officer who always felt they never quite fit the sales mold, this is the role you’ve been looking for. If you’re interested in joining a team that empowers you to embrace your natural talents and helps you achieve your career goals, apply today!
- Serve as the primary contact during the “contact to contract” phase of the loan process and liaison between clients, referral partners, and the loan officer and conduct meetings to coordinate any follow-up items
- Look over all loan package paperwork to check for inconsistencies, omissions, and inaccurate income calculations and then report any errors to the loan originator
- Build and maintain relationships with borrowers and referral partners to keep our current customers and attract new ones
- Answer questions from customers or employees regarding transactions and give quotes when required to deliver excellent customer service
- Orchestrate the completion of loan applications, coordinate the collection of documentation including credit reports, run DU/LP/AUS, prepare the file for processing, and send a closing cost worksheet to borrowers
- Up-to-date NMLS license or willing to get licensed within 90 days
- Minimum 2 years experience in a LOA/Loan Partner, Processor, Loan Officer, and/or Underwriter role, 5+ years experience is preferred
- Strong understanding of mortgage loan products (FHA/VA/CONV/USDA) and knowledge of mortgage documentation, processes, and procedures
- Excellent time management, interpersonal, communication, and follow-up skills
- Understands automated underwriting systems such as DU and LP
- Must be licensed in the state of Michigan
$35,000 - $65,000 yearly
About Sock Mortgage
Sock Mortgage is a Michigan-based mortgage company started in 2020. Sock Mortgage is looking to grow and bring great people on board that are committed to offering a top-notch mortgage experience to the local community. Sock Mortgage is offering advancement opportunities for hard-working, and motivated individuals.