Do you love helping people get their dream home but don’t love hunting for new leads? If so, we’re looking for you! We’re hiring a full-time Loan Coordinator that will work alongside our loan officers to structure loans for our clients and help get applicants mortgage-ready. While our loan officers are out in the field driving in more loan business to fill the pipeline, you’ll be analyzing customer credit, reviewing income, and assessing documents to ensure an efficient and successful close.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Responsible for assisting with the administrative duties related to client relationships and identifying client service and sales needs.
- Reviews loan applications to determine the completeness of all documents and verifies borrowers’ qualifications for specified loan products.
- Advises Loan Officers of any deficiencies or missing documentation.
- Conduct interviews with prospective borrowers in order to analyze financial and credit data, determine customer financing objectives, advise customers of product/pricing policies and guidelines, and gather any additional required information.
- Demonstrates commitment to professional ethics by complying with all federal and state compliance policies and requirements.
- Works with escrow teams to obtain all items necessary for disclosure (e.g. estimated HUD, preliminary title report, closing protection letter and wire instructions).
- Coordinates sending of disclosures, ordering appraisals, and running of credit.
- Packages and submits complete files to Operations through the Company’s loan origination software program.
- Prepares marketing materials, and may coordinate meetings, conferences, and presentations.
- Must be actively and appropriately licensed as a Loan Officer and possess National Mortgage Licensing Registry (NMLS) registration under the SAFE Act of 2008.
- A minimum of at least one year of experience in the mortgage field is required; two years of mortgage experience or previous sales support experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of federal and state fair lending requirements.
- Working knowledge of Encompass and RESPA software.
- Proficient computer skills, especially Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and Internet applications.
- Compliance with all Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML) laws, and Office of Foreign Asset Controls (OFAC) requirements is required. Employee must complete annual training in these areas.
$60,000 - $100,000 yearly
About ALCOVA Mortgage
Most companies start with a business plan. ALCOVA Mortgage started with a friendship. Bound by common background and inspired by a passion to serve, childhood friends Bobby Nicely, Billy Siple and Rob Lindstrom dreampt of one day starting a business.
In 2003, the trio joined together to establish a mortgage company—ALCOVA—an acronym for Alleghany County, VA, in honor of their roots.
In 2012, ALCOVA Mortgage made its debut on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in the United States and has been recognized every year since. The company’s phenomenal growth of 96% in three years propelled it into the league of such legendary businesses that gained notoriety on the prestigious list as Dell, Microsoft, LinkedIn, Pandora, Timberland, Zillow, Yelp, and Domino’s Pizza.
Today, ALCOVA continues to thrive, largely because of its roots in a friendship and the passion to serve.