We’re looking for a driven, principled mortgage professional to join our top-producing team! If you have strong closing abilities, excellent guideline knowledge, leadership experience, proven project management skills, and a desire to grow your career, this could be the place for you.
The Mortgage Closer will supervise all closing operations for the lender and facilitate the entire closing process. You’ll serve a crucial role as the last person to look over each document and confirm that loan conditions are met, ensuring the closing process is compliant and completed quickly.
Your primary responsibilities will include getting legal documents and closing packages ready for attorneys and title companies and making sure all loans comply with company policies, industry standards, and FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, and VA regulations. Additionally, you’ll ensure all clients are on schedule to close and fund their loans by providing pipeline reports on a regular basis.
The ideal jobseeker will be an experienced mortgage closer with a solid understanding of regulations and lending trends, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a team player attitude.
We place a high value on our team members and will set you up for success. If you’re looking for an opportunity to push you towards excellence in the mortgage industry, please start your application today!
- Work with settlement agents on any outstanding closing conditions to fund the loan and review CD’s, LE’s, and disclosure histories, and identify any compliance violations
- Fund the loan and potentially assist with the post-close collection of documentation to complete the process and any other duties as assigned
- Prepare all loan-closing documents and confirm they are accurate to ensure loan compliance
- Check all loan documents for errors and confirm that pricing, case number assignments, title commitments, insurance policies, and PMI certifications are correct to ensure loan funding
- Collaborate with closing agents, attorneys, clients, and vendors to answer questions and resolve any issues to ensure a smooth real estate closing transaction for all parties
- Prior experience in management and leadership is highly valued
- At least 2 years of residential mortgage closing experience required
- Capable of multitasking in a deadline-based environment and can easily organize and prioritize their workflow
- High school graduate, 4-year college degree preferred
- Solid understanding of FHLMC, USDA, FHA, VA, FNMA, and State Housing lending guidelines and requirements, first/second liens, home improvement, and home equity loans required
About Legacy Mortgage
Legacy Mortgage is an independently owned company that is Headquartered out of Albuquerque, NM. We pride ourselves on assisting not only our customers, but our neighbors. We service NM, TX, and CO. The A Team is the highest producing team at the company. Aaron Thompson, the team leader, is the son of the CEO and been a successful licensed Loan Officer for over 10 years. We expect honesty, transparency, and integrity.