Our client is recognized as a top one-percent home financing team. This team is strongly committed to providing individual attention and exceptional client care. We are looking for an experienced Loan Assistant to join their team. You will prepare loan submissions and submit, track, and follow up on all documentation required to close loans.
Salary: $50,000-$80,000 total compensation (base plus a bonus based on the volume of loans closed)
Benefits: Health coverage, vacation and sick pay, 401K
Hours: Full-time with some overtime required, 40+ hrs / week M-F, 8am - 5pm
Location: San Jose, CA
Because of the large number of applications we receive, only qualified candidates will be contacted. Thank you for understanding.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Areas of Focus:
The entire loan process is your responsibility from Initial Disclosure to Final Closing paperwork. This includes:
• Review submissions for completeness of documentation required for loan approval
• Prepare/review initial disclosures
• Point of contact for Loan Officer and/or Borrower—providing a concierge-level customer service
• Obtain and review needed documentation for final approval, prepare files and follow-up on all conditions
• Conduct weekly pipeline review meetings with Loan Officer, Processor, and Management
• Develop and maintain current procedures for all functions within the Loan Partner position
• Manage leads and pipeline through CRM
• Ensure all borrowers receive final 1003 and MLDS in escrow prior to signing loan docs.
• Additional projects as assigned
• NMLS licensed REQUIRED (company will pay for costs associated with obtaining license)
• At least two years of recent, current and relevant experience working on a busy desk as a Mortgage Assistant, Loan Assistant, Pre-processor, or Loan Partner in California.
• Strong foundation and knowledge of an LOS system and have worked on Jumbo loans
• Strong mathematical skills with experience calculating income from W-2 and Tax Returns
• A strong sense of urgency, have thick skin and the ability to work under pressure to meet stringent deadlines on a consistent basis
• Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills
• Learn processes quickly and are extremely meticulous, paying attention to the smallest of details
• You care deeply about the client experience and the quality of your work
• Able to work with diverse base of contacts (Loan Officers, clients, agents, lenders, title companies, etc.)
• Skilled at building quality relationships with clients and play an integral part of the client experience
• Taking the initiative when necessary, you are able to work under limited supervision.
Key Software Proficiency
• MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Encompass - required
• Jungo (SalesForce) - ideal but not require
• NMLP and LP
• Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac tools
• Basic math skills
• Strong knowledge of multiple loan programs including FHA/VA, Conventional
• Understanding of Loan Processing and Underwriting
Candidate MUST live within a 30-minute commute of San Jose, CA.
Pro R.E.A. Staffing works with real estate professionals across the U.S. and Canada to find their next hire. We find the most qualified candidates and match them with amazing opportunities nationwide. https://www.proreastaffing.com