Provide commissioning expertise for LNG Liquefaction project, planning and managing all testing and commissioning activities across the project lifecycle in order to deliver a natural gas liquefaction facility in accordance with the project design basis that can be safely operated and maintained.
This is a 2 year + $240,000,000 project.
- Review and understand plant design including P&ID’s, C&E’s H&MB’s, 3D model, Permit requirements, major equipment vendor documentation, process safety documents and requirements such as HAZOP, HAZID, MOC’s, SRS,
- Oversee EPC testing and commissioning activities for mechanical, electrical and controls systems associated with the Liquefaction project, ensuring that all systems can be safely and efficiently started and operated, including managing the interfaces and tie-ins with existing plant facilities and the local natural gas distribution network, with support from Project Managers, Engineering, Operations, Field support and other disciplines.
- Review and comment on the EPC developed pre-commissioning, commissioning and start-up plans and procedures. Integration in the project schedule, in support of achieving a safe plant start-up and ongoing operation in accordance with National Grid standards, operating policies and process safety requirements.
- Review and comment on all commissioning and pre-commissioning documentation including but not limited to system walk down checklists, procedures for system leak testes, cleaning and dry-out activities, switch gear inspections and testing, compressor and pump alignments.
- Review and comment on EPC contractor’s commissioning schedule to ensure all activities can be logically managed.
- Review and validate all technical specifications for components requiring site acceptance testing and pre-commissioning activities.
- Provide input to Project Management and Complex Construction.
- Coordinate with the Engineering Manager, QA/QC Manager, Plant Operations Staff and Complex Construction Manager, the utilization of resources to accomplish detailed system walk downs and provide certification of system readiness.
- Participate in the development and execution of the project’s Pre-Startup Safety Review and monitor the closeout of all class A action items prior to start-up.
- Ensure that all class A and B PSSR action items have been assigned to individuals for close out, due dates are appropriately determined and that close out documentation is submitted to Process Safety.
- Participate and provide significant input to Alarm Rationalization process.
- Review Functional Acceptance Testing of all critical safety instruments to ensure compliance with National Grid’s SRS requirements.
- Oversight of pre-commissioning and final commissioning activities for each commissioning phase of the project including reviewing activities of the EPC contractor and their subcontractor/vendor personnel to ensure delivery of all planned testing and commissioning services.
- Monitor EPC contractor’s open items list and differentiate open issues (required for Mechanical Completion) from punch list items.
- Coordinate Award of Mechanical Completion with the QA/QC, Construction and Engineering Managers before making a recommendation to the Project Manager.
- Ensure system turnover documentation is delivered in accordance with the EPC Contract. Report non-compliances to the QA/QC Manager.
- Ensure operating procedures and maintenance procedures are delivered in accordance with the EPC contract. Report non-compliances to the QA/QC Manager.
- Ensure operator training and training materials are delivered in accordance with the EPC contract. Report non-compliances to the QA/QC Manager.
- Verify that all instrumentation used during performance testing are suitable for service have been calibrated. Report non-compliances to the QA/QC Manager.
- Review and approve contract performance test procedures.
- Coordinate training for National Grid performance test participants on the test procedures and utilization of test data sheets.
- B.S. in either Mechanical, Electrical or Process Engineering.
- LNG Liquefaction and Re-gasification operations experience, including commissioning and startup of large refrigeration equipment, such as centrifugal compressors and cryogenic pumps.
- Demonstrates knowledge of process safety analysis techniques, alarm rationalization and PSSR process.
- Knowledgeable and proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products, email, smart phones, etc.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Local to Providence RI a plus
- Experience with Atlas Copco equipment a plus
About Joe Knows
Joe Knows delivers added value by providing experienced Inspectors and construction supervisors who possess communication and leadership skills that support the goals of the project team.
We supply PM, CM and inspectors, and skilled labor primarily for the oil and gas pipeline and heavy civil industries, who are committed to excellent performance standards and thrive in a safety-focused team environment.
Our goal is to provide more certainty in regard to the performance of the inspection team. We do this through a proprietary platform that provides information in regards to technical skills, past performance and assessment of potential.
In addition to completing this information, we encourage you to check us out at www.joeknowsenergy.com.