Slepian, Schwartz and Landgaard
In these difficult and uncertain times, while others are reducing their staff, we are still hiring!!
Are you passionate about helping people and fighting for the rights of those who cannot fight for themselves? We are a well-respected law firm seeking a litigation paralegal with at least 2 years experience, a great outlook on life, and a stalwart work ethic, to help us do just that. Taking pride in always being on the "right side" of a case, we are hiring a litigation paralegal to assist our legal team in preparing legal documents, filing motions, coordinating law office activity, and conducting legal research. An ideal candidate must be a highly organized professional with great attention to detail, accomplished verbal and written English language abilities, strong interpersonal communication skills, and a dedicated work ethic.
Come join our team and experience a law firm culture like no other!
Our Employee Benefits Include:
- Dental insurance
- Health spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
$35,000+ based on experience and aptitude
Whether you are looking for a job or looking to change jobs, the grass is greenest at 42 Eastbrook Bend, Peachtree City, Georgia!
- Assist attorneys in preparing and drafting legal documentation, pleadings, and correspondence including documents such as interrogatories, subpoenas, deposition notices, complaints, answers, motions, pretrial orders, legal briefs, domestic relations financial affidavits, child support worksheets, parenting plans
- Keep our case filing systems organized and complete to ensure all documents are properly sorted and easy to locate when needed
- Coordinate and document the service of process with the courts, sheriffs' departments and private process servers
- Aid attorneys in deposition and trial preparation by preparing and organizing exhibits, scheduling and subpoenaing witnesses, conducting research, and assisting with client meetings and the filing of motions
- Research new, cutting-edge, legal theories and arguments as well as procedural requirements for each court
- Submit and file documents with the courts (e-file, email, mail, hand delivery, etc.), distributing copies to clients and other parties and indexing documents in the case file
- Assist with new client intake, file set-up and other administrative duties as necessary
- Schedule mediations, depositions, client meetings, and telephone conferences and perform conflict checks
- Candidates should possess high-level organizational and time-management skills
- Outstanding communication and customer service abilities
- A minimum of 2 years of experience, preferably in family law and general/civil litigation
- Intermediate proficiency with numerous programs including MS Office. TABS is preferred, but not required
- Must exhibit a high level of client care and satisfaction and show support for the firm's beliefs
- Interpersonal skills necessary to interact fully, effectively and appropriately with a vast array of people under a wide range of circumstances so as to illicit an "impressed" response after each encounter
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints
- Necessary aptitude in order to effectively communicate by telephone, e-mail and in person, follow instructions to the letter from a diverse group of clients, attorneys and staff, and to provide information with courtesy and tact
If, when looking in the mirror you see these traits, you should be working here!
About Slepian, Schwartz and Landgaard
As THE premier law firm south of Atlanta we provide unparalleled opportunities to those professionals fortunate enough to become members of our firm. Specializing in areas of the law as diverse as Real Estate, Wills and Trusts, Estate Planning, Divorce, Family Law, Personal Injury, Workers’ Compensation, Mediation Services, Criminal Defense, Civil Litigation and Corporate and Business Law, our attorneys provide the highest quality of efficient legal representation to individuals and businesses across the State of Georgia.
We are at the top of our game, if you are at the top of yours, come join us!