The Frazer Firm, P.A.
We are a dynamic business law firm focusing on business litigation, transactions and contract negotiation, and outside general counsel services. We are aggressively growing and we need a full-time, experienced, positive, organized, professional paralegal to join our team and help support our attorneys. For the right person, this will be a highly rewarding position with an opportunity for career advancement. We want everyone who works here to be deliriously happy with their job. Therefore we are offering you competitive compensation to come work with our team of professionals who value a work-life balance and are authentically fun and decent people. This full-time, in-person position requires that you work in our Jupiter office.
- You will prepare and assure the accuracy of routine and customary litigation-related documents including notices, motions, and discovery requests and responses. By combining the Firm's forms with the attorneys’ instructions to finalize those forms, you will free up our attorneys' valuable time to work on more valuable tasks. You will then be responsible for electronically filing these documents with the court and serving them to all appropriate parties and counsel
- You will organize and manage all of the Firm's case files by making sure all digital documents are named and saved according to the firm’s protocols and procedures
- You will prepare and send legal correspondence as directed by attorneys. You will put documents initially prepared by attorneys into final form, ready to be delivered to courts, clients, and opposing counsel. You will be responsible for making sure communications are delivered properly by mail, electronic mail, certified mail, express delivery, or courier service
- You will assure that our attorneys have all the relevant materials ready when they have depositions, hearings, or meetings
- You will be fully responsible for scheduling case-related events and keeping the Firm's calendar up to date. By assuring that the attorneys’ calendars are accurately maintained and structured in a logical and efficient manner, you will help our attorneys organize their workflow and eliminate any possibility of missed deadlines
- We are an hourly billable law firm so you will meticulously track your time so that the Firm can maximize its revenue and you are credited for all the work you perform
- We strive to be a systems-driven office. Therefore you will also participate in the creation of systems and procedures for this role. By doing this, you'll contribute to the growth, efficiency, and success of the Firm
Your career accomplishments include:
- Providing Paralegal support at a Florida litigation law firm with an active litigation caseload
- Demonstrating the ability to be a dedicated and valuable member of a legal team for at least 3 to 4 years at the same firm
- Doing substantive work on cases that could alternatively be given to a new, young associate lawyer
You are awesome at:
- Creating order out of chaos. You LOVE organization, keeping track of key dates, and keeping the right people informed so that we never miss a deadline
- Solving problems. We don’t need you to just find the problems. We really need someone who brings an idea for a solution to the table
- Paying strong attention to detail
- Making other people smile. You must have a smile in your voice
- Technology. You need to have a mastery of the Microsoft Office suite of products, Adobe, and law firm practice management software like Clio
- Demonstrating flexibility, ambition, a strong work ethic, and common sense
- Understanding the Florida Rules of Civil Procedure and local judges' procedural requirements
- Being part of a team that cares deeply about providing value to clients
You are good at:
- Communicating effectively
- Achieving more and learning faster than those around you
- Thinking on your feet and making smart decisions. Sometimes, you will be asked to do a task or answer a question and there won’t be a set of written instructions on how to do it. We need for you to be comfortable figuring out the right thing to do
$50,000 - $55,000 yearly
About The Frazer Firm, P.A.
Before opening the Firm, our founder was a long-time partner at a national "BigLaw" firm but always had a desire to start and build a different kind of business law firm. Our Firm was founded to offer the type of excellent legal skill and attentiveness - typically reserved to national and international business clients - to the small and medium sized businesses in our community, south Florida, and throughout the state.
Our Firm was founded for the sole purpose of solving the problems that keep business owners and executives up at night. Our Firm is growing rapidly and we are seeking team members who desire more than just "work-life balance," which is a clear benefit to working at a boutique firm like ours. More than that, we love what we do and want our team to be overwhelmingly happy with their jobs, and have a strong desire to help as many businesses and individuals as possible while developing genuine relationships with each other and with our clients.