FordHarrison LLP, a national labor and employment law firm, headquartered in Atlanta, GA, seeks a full-time litigation paralegal for its labor and employment practice groups in Atlanta. The litigation paralegal provides direct support to attorneys.
- Prepare pleadings and discovery for trial
- Coordinate the production of third party records
- Prepare for depositions and subpoenas in compliance with state and federal regulations
- Trial preparation and management of trial exhibits; maintain charts/binders during collective bargaining negotiations
- Analyze, review and organize privileged documents/data for document production and discovery responses
- Docket deadlines; prepare wage and hour reports
- Assist with preparation of federal and state administration filings
- Draft investigative reports
- Conduct legal research using Westlaw, BNA, and other research tools
- Additional duties as assigned.
- The ideal candidate must have a bachelor’s degree and/or paralegal certificate with at least three to five years of litigation paralegal experience.
- Qualified candidates should have excellent interpersonal/communication skills, including strong writing skills, ability to multi-task and work within deadlines
- Keen knowledge of e-discovery issues and familiarity with federal and state court.
- The litigation paralegal must also be proficient in the use of MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and other office tools, including e-discovery software and document management platforms
- Knowledge of the firm's document management program, iManage/FileSite, as well as its time and billing system, Aderant, are a plus.
About FordHarrison LLP
FordHarrison LLP combines skilled lawyers, a national presence, a unique commitment to client service, and strong programs of diversity and mentoring, to create one of the leading law firms in the nation. We have nearly 200 lawyers in 28 offices across the country, including three affiliate offices. Adhering to the principles of the FH Promise, our attorneys strive to provide clients with sound legal advice, practical counseling, and excellent client service.
FordHarrison LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.