The Spiggle Law Firm
Litigation Attorney (Associate level) - General Litigation Group
The Spiggle Law Firm seeks a litigation attorney to assist with its growing General Litigation Practice Group.
Compensation for the position is a base of $75,000 to $90,000 depending on experience level. In addition, the firm offers generous performance-based discretionary quarterly and annual bonuses.
The firm offers generous benefits including:
- paid holidays.
- flexible work hours.
- three weeks of PTO annually.
- maternity/paternity leave.
- health, dental, and vision insurance.
- An a la carte range of other benefits (i.e. 401K, etc).
This position is hybrid in nature and requires 1-2 days in the firm’s new Alexandria office. Attorneys wishing to work from the office on a more frequent basis are welcome to do so.
- Are supported by the firm when seeking admission to the local-area bars.
- Receive paid CLEs for states in which the firm practices.
- Receive support from top-notch paralegals and legal assistants.
- On a case-by-case basis, attorneys are provided trial-practice training opportunities through the National Employment Lawyers Association and other similar trial-practice programs.
- Receive paid admission to the Metropolitan Employment Lawyers Association.
- Are supported in marketing activities, but are not required to attend marketing events.
- Are, with very limited exceptions, not required to conduct potential client screening calls.
Materials necessary for consideration:
To apply for this position, submit your resume. Select candidates will be asked to submit a cover letter, writing sample, and law school transcripts.
- Analyze client needs, identify solutions, and determine case strategies;
- Conduct research and draft pleadings, briefs, motions, and correspondence;
- Draft, process, and digest discovery;
- Communicate with lead attorneys, associates, paralegals, and clients to ensure cases are handled efficiently;
- Represent clients in court, before administrative agencies, at mediations, and in arbitrations in a broad range of employment matters, including whistleblowing, wrongful termination, and discrimination.
- A minimum of 1-2 years of federal civil litigation experience is preferred;
- Must have a firm grasp of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure;
- Must display strong legal research and writing skills - a law review/law journal background is preferred;
- Strong organizational and time management skills; and
- Communication, problem-solving, decision-making, interpersonal, and public speaking skills are required.
We will consider candidates willing to submit an application to waive into the Virginia Bar, should reciprocity be applicable. Bar admission to Virginia (preferred), Maryland, the District of Columbia, and New York is a plus.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Has some prior civil litigation experience;
- Is proactive, task-oriented, and a self-starter when it comes to problem-solving;
- Must be able to respond positively to pressure and manage several priorities;
- Has to be an analytical, self-motivated, and self-starting strategist;
- Must also be able to work collaboratively with other attorneys and their assigned legal team.
$90,000 - $100,000 depending on experience level
About The Spiggle Law Firm
About The Spiggle Law Firm SLF represents clients across five states and covers a variety of employment-law practice areas. Since opening its doors in 2009, our employment attorneys have negotiated millions in settlements and become trusted and respected advocates for those facing discrimination, retaliation, and harassment in the workplace. Firm founder, Tom Spiggle, is the author of “You’re Pregnant? You’re Fired!” and is a Senior Contributor to Forbes.