The Spiggle Law Firm
Federal Sector Experienced Required
Materials necessary for consideration:
Please submit the following for consideration: A cover letter, resume, transcript, and a recent writing sample. Submissions missing any of the aforementioned documents will not be considered.
Compensation: $80,000.00 - $110,000.00 salary, to commensurate with experience. Additional discretionary bonus available based on billable performance. In addition to a competitive salary, compensation includes reimbursement for CLEs, bar license fees as well as health care, and other benefits.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Is proactive, task-oriented, and a self-starter when it comes to problem-solving;
- Must be able to respond positively to pressure and manage several priorities;
- Has to be an analytical, self-motivated, and self-starting strategist;
- Must also be able to work collaboratively with other attorneys and their assigned legal team.
- Can work remotely, though the ability to spend time in our Alexandria office is preferred. The firm provides attorneys with equipment for a home office;
- Are supported by the firm in marketing efforts to expand their practice;
- Are supported by the firm when seeking admission to the local-area Bar;
- Meet billing requirements of billable 1700 per year;
- The candidate will report directly to the firm's Managing Attorney.
- A minimum of 2-5 years of litigation experience is required, including one year of federal sector experience representing clients in MSPB and EEO proceedings
- Must display a sound understanding of the filing deadlines and statute of limitations required in federal sector matters
- Litigated cases before the EEOC, MSPB, and in District Court throughout the DMV area;
- First-chair deposition experience;
- Litigated a case through summary judgment in state or federal court;
- Litigated employment cases, particularly under Title VII, FMLA, ADA, ERISA, and FLSA.
Virginia Bar license is strongly preferred. We will consider candidates willing to submit an application to waive into the Virginia Bar. Bar admission to Maryland and the District of Columbia is a plus.
$80,000 - $110,000 yearly
About The Spiggle Law Firm
The Spiggle Law Firm Summary:
TSLF represents clients across five states and covers a variety of employment law practice areas. Since opening its doors in 2009, our employment attorneys have negotiated millions in settlements and become trusted and respected advocates for those facing discrimination, retaliation, and harassment in the workplace.
TSLF has grown at an accelerated rate, and we are seeking to add to our already talented group of attorneys based out of the new Alexandria office.
You can learn more about the firm here: www.spigglelaw.com