We are looking for a Line Cook Prep. The ideal candidate will be responsible to prepare foods in accordance with high-quality food preparation, sanitation, and safety standards. Follow posted menus, standardized recipes, and other pre-prep lists. Meeting the time demands of meal schedules is also required.
- Carry out duties and function to support Edgewater Place as assigned.
- Live the mission and values to improve the quality of services for residents and team members on the Edgewater Place campus.
- Respect residents’ rights and adheres to rules of resident care and services as described in the Edgewater Place Employee Handbook.
Interact with residents, staff, and guests in a respectful adult manner:
- Communicate respect and caring verbally and nonverbally.
- Use a calm, kind tone of voice.
- Respond appropriately to resident behaviors.
- Cheerfully fulfill the resident, staff, and guest requests.
- Understanding of persons needing some assistance.
- Respect the confidentiality of the organization, residents, staff, and guests.
Prepare foods according to menus and standardized recipes in a safe and sanitary manner:
- Check the quality of food prepared for flavor, texture, appearance, and temperature.
- Prepare food on a timely basis so that meals can be served on schedule.
- Store foods properly.
- Utilize leftovers as appropriate.
- Perform tasks on pre-prep lists.
- Clean and sanitize cooking equipment and work area.
- Assist with dishwashing as needed.
- Answer telephones and respond appropriately.
- Complete daily, weekly, and monthly cleaning assignments.
- Promote team effort among team members.
- Assist with serving food to residents as needed.
Document and communicate changes:
- Accurately record information and complete forms.
- Inform the Dietary Manager of changes or problems.
- Record the completion of cleaning assignments.
- Report any maintenance or repairs to the Dietary Manager and Maintenance Director.
- Follow correct procedures, especially in emergency situations, such as fire and tornado drills.
- Ensure food safety, such as: in tasting foods, refrigeration of food, wearing gloves and hairnets, and in using appropriate utensils.
- Avoid accidents by lifting properly, keeping the floor dry and clear of debris, and using knives and equipment properly.
- Adhere to good workings habits, in accordance with Edgewater expectations.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous food service experience preferred.
Skills and Requirements:
- Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate with others.
- Willingness to learn and adhere to food safety and sanitation principles, proper operation of institutional equipment, and food preparation procedures.
- Responsible to work cooperatively with other team members, promoting teamwork.
Physical/Mental Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Employees/applicants may not pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or others.
The employee must be able to meet the following requirements with or without the use of prosthetic devices and/or reasonable accommodation:
- Frequent fingering, walking, sitting, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions required.
- Occasional reaching, kneeling, standing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling required.
- Requires the ability to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally and up to 20 pounds frequently.
- Requires the ability to see things clearly at 20 inches or less, as is common in visual inspection.
- This work environment can be noisy, abnormally hot, fast-paced, and deadline-oriented.
- Team members will honor and respect the privacy of residents, staff, and the organization. Responsibilities include maintaining the confidentiality of resident information in compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and sensitive organizational information.
- To encourage these responsibilities, all team members will also adhere to the social media policy.
- For more information regarding confidentiality and its importance, refer to the Edgewater Place Employee Handbook.
Every effort has been made to make this job description as complete as possible. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties or requirements of the job. The omission of specific statements of duties, responsibilities, or expectations does not exclude them from the position.
$14 - $15 per hour
About BrightStar Care
Are you looking for a job where you can make a difference in people's lives? Do you want to work for a company that truly cares about you? At BrightStar Care, we become part of our clients' lives by providing the highest quality of care when they need our help the most. That's where you can shine.