The Yorktowne Hotel a Tapestry Collection by Hilton
Our busy restaurant is looking for a detail-oriented individual with exceptional time management abilities who is passionate about providing our clients with an exceptional dining experience. As our next line cook, you will be responsible for ensuring that every dish is cooked and presented following appropriate recipes, presentation standards, and with accuracy for the guest order. We need an experienced cook who is comfortable with a variety of cooking techniques such as poaching, braising, roasting, charbroiling, sautéing, grilling, frying, and baking. Our ideal applicant is a team player who can successfully communicate with other kitchen staff to keep our restaurant running efficiently. If you have a friendly and energetic attitude with a passion for food, please apply today!
- Interact with visitors, vendors, and associates while maintaining a professional and positive attitude
- Set up cooking stations and fill them with all of the essential preparation items for a shift
- Guarantee that quality food is supplied, by adhering to specified storage and waste control requirements for meats, vegetables, fruits, and dairy products
- Grill, broil or saute menu items according to standard recipes and presentation specifications
- Keep all workstations, counters, cooking equipment, and refrigerators clean and sanitary according to health and safety rules
- Display excellent communication and interpersonal skills with customers and coworkers
- Must be able to meet all safety and sanitation requirements of kitchen equipment and food storage
- Candidates must have completed high school or received similar certification such as a GED
- We prefer some experience working in the food service industry
- Possesses a strong work ethic and have high attention to detail
$18.00 per hour
About The Yorktowne Hotel a Tapestry Collection by Hilton
Built in 1925, the Yorktowne Hotel has been a cornerstone of downtown York and embodies a sense of progressiveness and momentum that characterizes a city on the move, during its original opening and current environment.
Find us in the center of York, a short walk from the many dining options of Restaurant Row and Central Market House. We are a five-minute walk from The Appell Center for Performing Arts and PeoplesBank Park is half a mile away.