The Hotel Salem
Our busy restaurant is looking for a detail-oriented individual with exceptional time management abilities who is passionate about providing our clients with an exceptional dining experience. As our next line cook, you will be responsible for ensuring that every dish is cooked and presented following appropriate recipes, presentation standards, and with accuracy for the guest order. We need an experienced cook who is comfortable with a variety of cooking techniques such as poaching, braising, roasting, charbroiling, sautéing, grilling, frying, and baking. Our ideal applicant is a team player who can successfully communicate with other kitchen staff to keep our restaurant running efficiently. If you have a friendly and energetic attitude with a passion for food, please apply today!
- Establish a system of food stations and stock them with all of the necessary ingredients for the shift
- Maintain work stations, including all countertops, utensils, equipment, and refrigeration in a clean and sanitary condition per health and safety regulations
- Grill, broil or saute menu items according to standard recipes and presentation specifications
- Ensure that all interactions with visitors, vendors and colleagues are conducted in a professional and friendly manner
- Adhere to established storage and waste control standards for meats, vegetables, fruits, and dairy products to ensure quality food is served
- Prepare food products and execute dishes meeting the standards of the Executive Chef, Hotel Management, and our guests, ensuring that food production is coordinated with meal hours so that quality, temperature, and appearance of food are preserved.
- Ability to safely operate kitchen equipment including, but not limited to, ovens, stoves, dishwashers, slicers, steamers, mixers, and chef’s knives.
- Handle and communicate special orders and guest complaints in a professional manner. Have a basic understanding of food allergies and cross-contamination issues to ensure safety of diners.
- Maintain food safety, workstation, and personal cleanliness and sanitation standards as required by the State Department of Health and Human Services and OSHA, as well as general maintenance and upkeep of kitchen equipment.
- Candidates need a strong understanding of compliance with kitchen safety and food storage requirements
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with customers and coworkers
- Candidates must be hardworking, detail-oriented, and have a strong work ethic
- Educational requirements include a high school diploma or equivalent GED certificate
- Previous experience working in food service is preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the United States of America
- Previous experience as a line cook in a similar property, culinary school or completion of apprenticeship program preferred, or proven experience in higher volume and/or fine dining kitchens
About The Hotel Salem
The Hotel Salem is a vibrant and one-of-a-kind accommodation on the North Shore of Boston. This 44-room boutique Salem hotel is in the middle of the action on the bustling Essex Street pedestrian mall in the city center. Salem's only seasonal rooftop bar and restaurant, offers delicious cocktails, unique tacos, and a raw bar—all served with a view.