The Faust Hotel
We are looking for someone with a passion for food and strong time management abilities who can provide our clients with an exceptional dining experience. Our restaurant is busy, and we need a competent and experienced line cook who can ensure that our meals are made precisely to guest orders while still following our standard recipes consistently. To work a variety of stations on any given shift, our line cook must be adept in poaching, braising, roasting, grilling, sautéing, and frying. You need to be a team player who can effectively communicate with other kitchen staff to keep things running efficiently. If you have a positive attitude and are looking for a new opportunity in food service, please apply as soon as possible!
- Cook food orders at stations by following established recipes and presentation standards for grilling, broiling, and sautéing menu items
- Clean and sanitize all workstations, including counters, utensils, cooking equipment, and the refrigerator, in accordance with health and safety regulations
- Demonstrate professional and pleasant demeanor when interacting with visitors, vendors, and associates
- Adhere to established storage and waste control standards for meats, vegetables, fruits, and dairy products to ensure quality food is served
- Set up cooking stations and fill them with all of the essential preparation items for a shift
- Previous experience working in food service is preferred
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent GED certification
- Must be able to meet all safety and sanitation requirements of kitchen equipment and food storage
- Must be a hard worker with high attention to detail and have a strong work ethic
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with customers and coworkers
$19 per hour
About The Faust Hotel
Located in historic downtown New Braunfels, the Faust Hotel offers everything you could need for your next vacation, weekend getaway, or group functions. A hotel, events center, brew pub, full bar and restaurant, you will need to go no further than your very own hotel to experience New Braunfels best. The Faust is within walking distance to Schlitterbahn Water Park, the Comal River and the New Braunfels Civic Center, and is centrally located between San Antonio and Austin. The Faust is also next to specialty stores, antique shops and boutiques, and only minutes away from Gruene, TX, making it an ideal vacation getaway, all year round.