Holiday Inn Jekyll Island
We are looking for someone with a passion for food and strong time management abilities who can provide our clients with an exceptional dining experience. Our restaurant is busy, and we need a competent and experienced line cook who can ensure that our meals are made precisely to guest orders while still following our standard recipes consistently. To work a variety of stations on any given shift, our line cook must be adept in poaching, braising, roasting, grilling, sautéing, and frying. You need to be a team player who can effectively communicate with other kitchen staff to keep things running efficiently. If you have a positive attitude and are looking for a new opportunity in food service, please apply as soon as possible!
- Keep all workstations, counters, cooking equipment, and refrigerators clean and sanitary according to health and safety rules
- Prepare food orders on the line by cooking items to order, grilling, broiling, sauteing and meet all presentation guidelines and follow standard recipes
- Ensure that all interactions with visitors, vendors and colleagues are conducted in a professional and friendly manner
- Recognize and adhere to quality requirements for meats, vegetables, fruits, and dairy products, as well as correct storage and waste management
- Set up cooking stations and fill them with all of the essential preparation items for a shift
- Display excellent communication and interpersonal skills with customers and coworkers
- Candidates must have completed high school or received similar certification such as a GED
- Previous experience working in food service is preferred
- Must be a hard worker with high attention to detail and have a strong work ethic
- Candidates need a strong understanding of compliance with kitchen safety and food storage requirements
About Holiday Inn Jekyll Island
The Holiday Inn Resort on the beach at Jekyll Island offers panoramic views of the Atlantic Ocean, wide open lawns, a variety of dining options and superior service.