Our busy restaurant is looking for a detail-oriented individual with exceptional time management abilities who is passionate about providing our clients with an exceptional dining experience. As our next line cook, you will be responsible for ensuring that every dish is cooked and presented following appropriate recipes, and presentation standards, and with accuracy for the guest order. We need an experienced cook who is comfortable with a variety of cooking techniques such as poaching, braising, roasting, charbroiling, sautéing, grilling, frying, and baking. Our ideal applicant is a team player who can successfully communicate with other kitchen staff to keep our restaurant running efficiently. If you have a friendly and energetic attitude with a passion for food, please apply today!
- Maintain work stations, including all countertops, utensils, equipment, and refrigeration in a clean and sanitary condition per health and safety regulations
- Adhere to established storage and waste control standards for meats, vegetables, fruits, and dairy products to ensure quality food is served
- Grill, broil or saute menu items according to standard recipes and presentation specifications
- Interact with visitors, vendors, and associates while maintaining a professional and positive attitude
- Establish a system of food stations and stock them with all of the necessary ingredients for the shift
- Ensure that all mise en place is prepared for respective stations as well as proper forecasting of prep needs for assigned stations.
- Prepare food products and execute dishes meeting the standards of the Hotel Management, ensuring that food production is coordinated with meal hours so that the quality, temperature, and appearance of food are preserved.
- Ability to safely operate kitchen equipment including, but not limited to, ovens, stoves, dishwashers, slicers, steamers, mixers, and chef’s knives.
- Perform duties to include setup and breakdown of the station, cleanliness of work area including all surfaces, equipment, floor, and dish room functions as necessary.
- Previous experience working in food service is preferred
- Candidates need a strong understanding of compliance with kitchen safety and food storage requirements
- Candidates must be hardworking, detail-oriented, and have a strong work ethic
- Display excellent communication and interpersonal skills with customers and coworkers
- Candidates must have completed high school or received similar certification such as a GED
- Must be eligible to work in the United States of America.
- Previous experience as a line cook in a similar property, culinary school, or completion of apprenticeship program preferred, or proven experience in higher volume and/or fine dining kitchens.
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and written, with guests and employees, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy.
- Ability to understand verbal directions, as well as written menus, recipes, labels on foods and chemicals, and other workplace safety signage.
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods.
About Hunter Inn
A seventies-inspired ski lodge with year-round appeal, The Hunter takes cues from classic American materials like textured wood and stone, infused with cozy, rustic decor, large windows, and plenty of spots to gather around the fire—and a downstairs game room designed for making memories you’ll come back to recreate over and over again.
Double queen and king rooms are your haven for an intimate weekend getaway—or invite a group and book one of our loft suites. Need even more space? Book one of our adjoining two-bedroom chalets or loft suites, which include a private deck, full kitchen, and living room. No matter who you’re escaping with, we offer flexible room options for the whole crew.