DoubleTree by Hilton Chico
We are looking for someone with a passion for food and strong time management abilities who can provide our clients with an exceptional dining experience. Our restaurant is busy, and we need a competent and experienced line cook who can ensure that our meals are made precisely to guest orders while still following our standard recipes consistently. To work a variety of stations on any given shift, our line cook must be adept in poaching, braising, roasting, grilling, sautéing, and frying. You need to be a team player who can effectively communicate with other kitchen staff to keep things running efficiently. If you have a positive attitude and are looking for a new opportunity in food service, please apply as soon as possible!
- Assemble a system of food stations and fill them with everything they need for the shift
- Maintain work stations, including all countertops, utensils, equipment, and refrigeration in a clean and sanitary condition per health and safety regulations
- Recognize and adhere to quality requirements for meats, vegetables, fruits, and dairy products, as well as correct storage and waste management
- Interact with visitors, vendors, and associates while maintaining a professional and positive attitude
- Prepare food orders on the line by cooking items to order, grilling, broiling, sauteing and meet all presentation guidelines and follow standard recipes
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with customers and coworkers
- Candidates must have completed high school or received similar certification such as a GED
- Ability to understand and comply with kitchen sanitation, safety and equipment usage, and food storage
- We prefer some experience working in the food service industry
- Possesses a strong work ethic and have high attention to detail
$15 - $17 hourly
About DoubleTree by Hilton Chico
Located in downtown Chico, we are an award-winning upper-upscale Hilton branded hotel, operating the Sycamore Tap & Table. We embrace our demanding guests and strive to exceed their expectations with every visit. Please apply with confidence, we are willing to train, as long as you are willing to learn.