Marriott Buffalo Amsherst
Are you passionate about food and providing consumers with an unforgettable dining experience? If so, we have an exciting opportunity at our busy restaurant to be our next line cook. We require an experienced cook who is familiar with a wide range of cooking techniques, including poaching, braising, roasting, charbroiling, sautéing, grilling, frying, and baking. You must ensure that every order is cooked properly according to our standard recipes and that it fully satisfies our guests' demands and requests. Our ideal candidate has outstanding time management skills as well as a team-first mindset to effectively assist other kitchen personnel and keep our operation running smoothly and efficiently. Apply today if this sounds like a fantastic opportunity to advance your culinary career!
- Interact with visitors, vendors, and associates while maintaining a professional and positive attitude
- Set up cooking stations and fill them with all of the essential preparation items for a shift
- Recognize and adhere to quality requirements for meats, vegetables, fruits, and dairy products, as well as correct storage and waste management
- Keep all workstations, counters, cooking equipment, and refrigerators clean and sanitary according to health and safety rules
- Cook food orders at stations by following established recipes and presentation standards for grilling, broiling, and sautéing menu items
- Candidates must have completed high school or received similar certification such as a GED
- Candidates need a strong understanding of compliance with kitchen safety and food storage requirements
- Candidates must be hardworking, detail-oriented, and have a strong work ethic
- Previous experience working in food service is preferred
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with customers and coworkers
$20 per hour
About Marriott Buffalo Amsherst
Elevate your trip to Western New York at Buffalo Marriott Niagara. Our hotel in Amherst, NY, is conveniently located a short drive from the Buffalo Niagara Airport and boasts a complimentary airport shuttle service. A gateway to Buffalo and Niagara Falls, our hotel provides easy access to both popular destinations, as well as other local attractions, including the University of Buffalo, KeyBank Center, and Canalside. When hunger strikes, visit BlueFire Bar & Grille, our on-site restaurant serving American cuisine for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.