We are looking for someone with a passion for food and strong time management abilities who can provide our clients with an exceptional dining experience. Our restaurant is busy, and we need a competent and experienced line cook who can ensure that our meals are made precisely to guest orders while still following our standard recipes consistently. To work a variety of stations on any given shift, our line cook must be adept in poaching, braising, roasting, grilling, sautéing, and frying. You need to be a team player who can effectively communicate with other kitchen staff to keep things running efficiently. If you have a positive attitude and are looking for a new opportunity in food service, please apply as soon as possible!
- Guarantee that quality food is supplied, by adhering to specified storage and waste control requirements for meats, vegetables, fruits, and dairy products
- Keep all workstations, counters, cooking equipment, and refrigerators clean and sanitary according to health and safety rules
- Interact with visitors, vendors, and associates while maintaining a professional and positive attitude
- Cook food orders at stations by following established recipes and presentation standards for grilling, broiling, and sautéing menu items
- Establish a system of food stations and stock them with all of the necessary ingredients for the shift
- Educational requirements include a high school diploma or equivalent GED certificate
- Candidates need a strong understanding of compliance with kitchen safety and food storage requirements
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with customers and coworkers
- Previous experience working in food service is preferred
- Possesses a strong work ethic and have high attention to detail
$15 - $17 hourly
About Ellen's Allen
In August 2020, the Ellen's concept expanded when we opened our Allen, TX location off of McDermott and South Central Expressway. We began in Dallas’ West End neighborhood in 2012 with the simple idea of serving breakfast all day, every day, and soon became a local favorite. After 10 successful years, we are continuing to expand throughout the DFW metroplex with upcoming locations set for Frisco, Fort Worth, East Dallas, and North Dallas. Our future looks bright! There are many exciting opportunities on the horizon, and we would like for you to join us.