The Line Cook should be knowledgeable of various cooking techniques and ingredients, be able to work in a fast-paced environment, and demonstrate excellent organizational, communication, and time management skills. This is a full-time/part-time position.
- Set up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment.
- Preparing ingredients including but not limited to washing, peeling, chopping, marinating meat, baking, and any other tasks necessary to prepare for service.
- Properly operate various kitchen equipment and utensils.
- Properly cook and monitor the cooking process to prevent waste.
- Ensure each order is presented in a proper and appealing way before sending it out.
- Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen per health code standards
- Ensure all food is stored properly and labeled correctly.
- Quality control of ingredients.
- Keep up-to-date inventory, monitor stock, and place orders when needed.
- Prepares batches of food that are cooked to order or kept warm until ordered and sold; this may include such food items as hamburgers or fried chicken.
- Operates large-volume cooking equipment such as griddles, grills, or deep fryers.
- Prepares, washes, and cut food to be cooked.
- Prepares and cooks food according to instructions provided on food order slips or through verbal directions; verifies the quality and quantity of all orders.
- Multitasks by cooking several different orders at once, ensuring that all items are prepared in accordance with customer instructions.
- Maintains overall sanitation, health, cleanliness, and safety standards for food preparation areas, cooking services, and dishes and utensils.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Proven experience cooking professionally.
- Knife skills, and experience with varied kitchen tools, cookware, and bakeware.
- Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods (grilling, baking, boiling, etc.).
- Strong communication skills.
- Able to perform all physical requirements of the position.
- Ability to follow all food handling techniques, preparation, and cooking procedures.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to lead and work well as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain personal hygiene.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A diploma from a culinary school is preferred but not required.
- Current Food Handlers Certification (Food Manager Certification preferred)
- Ability to follow all sanitation and regulations for workplace safety procedures.
- Prolonged periods of standing, walking, and working in a kitchen.
- Ability to lift or move up to 25 pounds.
- Exposure to extreme heat, steam, and cold present in a kitchen environment.
- Manual dexterity to cut and chop foods and perform other related tasks.
- Must be able to work early mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays as well as the ability to work late nights and unpredictable hours.
$18 - $19 hourly
ChefSuite is an innovative pick-up and delivery-only ghost kitchen operator. Our business model allows chefs to focus on cooking while we provide the logistics and support to maximize their revenue. We aim to fuel the entrepreneurial spirit and support restaurateurs by providing the tools to run their businesses at lower costs, reduced risks, and better margins. Our company was founded in response to the pandemic, as food delivery has become a booming part of the restaurant industry.