Mac and Bob's Restaurant
We are looking for someone with a passion for food and strong time management abilities who can provide our clients with an exceptional dining experience. Our restaurant is busy, and we need a competent and experienced line cook who can ensure that our meals are made precisely to guest orders while still following our standard recipes consistently. To work a variety of stations on any given shift, our line cook must be adept in poaching, braising, roasting, grilling, sautéing, and frying. You need to be a team player who can effectively communicate with other kitchen staff to keep things running efficiently. If you have a positive attitude and are looking for a new opportunity in food service, please apply as soon as possible!
- Assemble a system of food stations and fill them with everything they need for the shift
- Demonstrate professional and pleasant demeanor when interacting with visitors, vendors, and associates
- Grill, broil or saute menu items according to standard recipes and presentation specifications
- Keep all workstations, counters, cooking equipment, and refrigerators clean and sanitary according to health and safety rules
- Guarantee that quality food is supplied, by adhering to specified storage and waste control requirements for meats, vegetables, fruits, and dairy products
- Must be a hard worker with high attention to detail and have a strong work ethic
- Educational requirements include a high school diploma or equivalent GED certificate
- Must be able to meet all safety and sanitation requirements of kitchen equipment and food storage
- We prefer some experience working in the food service industry
- Display excellent communication and interpersonal skills with customers and coworkers
$12 - $15 hourly
About Mac and Bob's Restaurant
Mac and Bob's opened in 1980. Our restaurant was awarded the 2019 "Small Business of the Year" from the Roanoke Regional Chamber of Commerce. In 2021 the Virginia Restaurant Lodging and Travel Association awarded Mac and Bob's " The Outstanding Restaurant of the Year" in the state of Virginia. In 2022 the Salem Roanoke County Chamber of Commerce our restaurant "Small Business of the Year."
We have dozens of employees who have worked with us over 10 years and some over 20 years. We have respectful work environment and we would to talk to you about working at Mac and Bob's. Give us a call and ask for a manager. 540-389-5999.