We're looking for people who align with our core values of care respect, honesty, and responsibility. Lifeguards are responsible for the safety and well-being of all patrons in the pool area. This part-time position includes a FREE YMCA membership!
- Ensure the safety and well being of all patrons in the pool area through preventative lifeguarding.
- Recognize and respond quickly and effectively to all emergencies.
- Be punctual to work. Report to work 15 minutes before your shift starts.
- Keep all appropriate certifications current. Notify the supervisor before the need to re-certify.
- Enforce pool rules and regulations consistently and correctly to all patrons.
- Report any unsafe conditions to the Aquatic Management Team as soon as possible.
- Complete and maintain accurate records, including pool usage sheets, chemical readings, and accident reports.
- Answer patron's questions to the best of your ability. Direct them to the Aquatics Director for additional assistance.
- Conduct swim tests in accordance with Woodson YMCA policy before allowing patrons to swim in the deep end of the pool.
- Be knowledgeable of aquatic schedules and activities.
- Maintain a neat pool deck. Put all equipment away to keep deck clear of clutter.
- Attend and participate in all staff meetings/ trainings.
- Assume all other duties and assignments as deemed appropriate by the Aquatic Management Team.
- Highly motivated person who is mature and personable.
- Minimum 15 years of age.
- Certification in YMCA Lifeguarding or American Red Cross Lifeguard Training is preferred (includes American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and Basic First Aid).
- Must be able to easily move through all areas of the facility.
- Effectively communicate in verbal form.
- Must be able to routinely demonstrate proper swimming, lifeguarding, and CPR techniques to members and supervisor.
- Able to tolerate chlorine and temperatures up to 90 degrees with high humidity.
$10 per hour
About WOODSON YMCA
The Woodson YMCA is an engine of transformation in our community. Our programs, services, and initiatives: enable kids to realize their potential, prepare teens for leadership, offer ways for families to have fun together, empower people to be healthier in spirit, mind, and body, welcome and embrace newcomers and help foster a service ethic. We instill our core values of Caring, Honesty, Responsibility, and Respect throughout our Y programs.
People come to the Y to learn, have fun and get fit. But they soon discover skills, confidence, a sense of well-being and a connection to the world around them. You can find a gym, swimming pool or a treadmill in lots of places but it is our cause that makes the Y different. After serving our community for 128 years, just think of all those lives we have shaped and the future we have changed for the better. We really do strengthen the foundation of our community.