Murray & MacDonald Insurance Services, Inc.
Life and Health Broker - Investments
We seek a successful Life and Health Sales Professional who excels at selling to both executives and business owners in the B2B market to join our Agency. Using a consultative sales approach, you will target CFO’s, CEO's, Risk Managers, and other executives to provide both Life and Group Benefits products to complement the Agency’s property & casualty account development.
The most successful sales producer will work to become a product knowledge expert and cultivate that ability to provide excellent sales and service to their clients, prospects, and community network. They will have a positive, friendly attitude, aptitude, and conduct themselves in such a professional manner that others (both client and colleague) enjoy working with them.
- Visit with, follow up, call, and coach existing and prospective clients on L&H and Group Benefit insurance policies as part of the company’s commitment to high-level customer service
- Stay abreast of all insurance coverage provisions, the overall insurance industry, regulations, and pertinent legislation to ensure customers understand their coverage terms and insurance services in the process
- Implement a range of sales and networking strategies such as prospecting, referral warm and cold calling potential customers to grow customer base
- Provide outstanding service to your existing book of business; positioning the company as one with a competitive advantage at every opportunity
- Develop working knowledge of insurance contracts, coverage, offerings, and claims process
- Work with the Property & Casualty team to develop Life, & Health, Group Benefit cross-sale opportunities.
- Bring with you your good people skills, positive, friendly, can-do attitude to complement our atmosphere
- Work well with little or no supervision - to meet deadlines
- Must hold & maintain P&C and L&H broker license
- Take all necessary measures to ensure ethical and legal compliance regulations are followed
- Well-versed in various life insurance concepts including term/permanent life, STD/LTD, LTC, annuities, group benefits, policy underwriting requirements, and regulation compliance
- Strong negotiation, research, analytical, and communication skill are necessary for success
- Solid sales experience track record
- Bachelors Degree preferred or other relevant life skills and solid computer/IT proficiency
- Positive Perspective: Constructive attitude, friendly working disposition, collaborative, coachable, team player, and "can do" approach to getting things done
- Independence: Self-teaching, self-starter, able to perform at a high level regardless of oversight.
- Intelligent: Street smart, well-read, conversant, good perception
- Ability to work well with little or no supervision
- At least 3 years Life & Health experience in the insurance industry
- Great interpersonal, communication, leadership, and management skills
- State-issued, valid insurance license(s) required: Life and Health and Property and Casualty Insurance License (s) series 6, or 7 and 63 a plus
$100,000 at plan
About Murray & MacDonald Insurance Services, Inc.
Murray & MacDonald Insurance Services, Inc (MMISI) was founded in November 1971 with a focus to “Do what is right” for its clientele and provide an exceptional client experience. With locations in Falmouth and Bourne, Massachusetts, MMISI serves thousands of clients throughout the Northeast and other parts of the country with that vision.
MMISI is committed to working as an outsourced "Risk Manager" helping clients navigate and mitigate risks that can adversely impact the bottom line of a business or the financial assets of a family.
The Agency is committed to helping the local communities. Staff is involved serving on nonprofit boards to facilitating fundraising for a host of charitable organizations. Giving back to and supporting the region they represent is part of its culture and modus operandi.