New York Life - Washington DC - Virginia
We’re looking for experienced financial professionals to join our team. Whether you’re looking for a change or seeking to align with a stable, dependable firm, and you have a passion for insurance and investments, then there’s no better place to work than New York Life Insurance Company. So if you’re interested in new market opportunities, expanding your products and services, or giving your clients the service that they deserve, we can help.
Job description: New York Life and its affiliates are dedicated to prudent financial management, high-quality products, and impeccable service. Our financial professionals help clients develop a long-term financial strategy to achieve their financial goals using an array of financial products and services, including life insurance, investments, annuities, and mutual funds As a financial professional with New York Life, you will be able to build your practice and help those in your community prepare for their financial futures.
We’re looking for people who possess the following characteristics:
- Highly self-motivated and self-disciplined with the ability to work effectively and independently
- Outgoing personality with the ability to develop relationships (i.e., “People Person") and a sincere desire to help others
- Fearless, positive attitude and willingness to be accountable for results
- Organized, detail-oriented, and excellent time-management skills
- Desire for continuous learning
- Good communicator—excellent listening skills and ability to explain complex information in a simple and concise manner
Why New York Life? From quality training programs to a competitive compensation package, New York Life offers tremendous support and benefits to our financial professionals. Our dedicated teams at the General Office and the corporate office support our agents and help them impact their customers and communities.
Our extensive, agent-focused resources include:
- Our NYLIC University education program, designed to provide career-long support and growth including specialized training for those interested in the management career path
- The Professional Alliance Program, which helps you strengthen existing relationships with attorneys, accountants, and other professionals by being able to share commissions on client referrals that lead to sales
- Our Advanced Planning Group, Eagle Strategies for qualifying agents who are also Registered Representatives, and the Nautilus Group for qualifying agents who pay a monthly subscription fee, are three highly-skilled teams providing advanced markets support Dedicated underwriters who work diligently on cases
- Committed managers who don’t sell; instead they’re dedicated to helping you succeed
- A team of highly-trained, experienced product consultants to support your client acquisition needs
- Significant income potential
Competitive l benefits, including a defined benefit pension plan and 401k1 About New York Life
- Understand the needs and financial concerns of clients
- Educate clients on how to plan ahead for the future financially so that they are prepared for unfortunate life events/ circumstances they may encounter
- Promote customized ways for clients to achieve their long-term financial goals
- Cultivate relationships, with a view to helping every family member or individual pursue financial security
- Build and expand your insurance practice through establishing professional networks and prospecting for new clients.
- Provide compassion and guidance to clients when unfortunate life circumstances arise
- Having a clear focus on developing and maintaining long-term bonds with clients, resulting in trust and continuity of community over time.
- Active Insurance license
- Series 6 or 7 securities license a plus, not required
- Long Term Care product experience a plus, not required
- Must possess uncompromising integrity
- Growth mindset, this is a lifelong learning position
- An enterprising spirit is a trait for success
- Sales experience strongly preferred
- Desire to make a change and help people as you grow your career
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required to effectively share complex ideas
- Ability to engage your community and leverage personal networks and contacts
- Coachable and willing to learn is a must
$70,000 + per plan commission
About New York Life - Washington DC - Virginia
We are among the strongest and most respected financial companies in America today, ranking #73 on the 2020 Fortune 100 list. New York Life has earned the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any U.S. life insurer from the major ratings agencies such as Standard & Poor’s (AA+); A.M. Best (A++); Moody’s (Aaa); and Fitch (AAA). *Source: Independent Third Party Ratings Reports as of 9/12/2019. For over 66 consecutive years we have led the way in the industry with the most US members of the Million Dollar Round Table, the standard of excellence for life insurance sales performance in the insurance and financial services industry.