New York Life
We are looking for a life insurance agent with an entrepreneurial spirit and amazing customer service skills to join our fast-growing insurance agency and help our clients achieve their financial goals. You’ll serve on the front lines of insurance sales, helping new customers navigate our products, processing claims and inquiries, and developing an ever-growing lead list to secure new business. If the thought of coming to work every day and making a positive impact on our client’s lives excites you, we’d love to get in touch.
- Maintain databases, records, and bookkeeping, ensuring all paperwork is up to date
- Assist current policyholders during the insurance claims process while overseeing existing insurance claims
- Identify new client insurance needs, insurance risk, goals, current coverage, and financial situation by scheduling meetings for new customers, ensuring a personalized experience
- Expand our prospective customer base and market our insurance products via including networking, referrals, cold calling, and various marketing strategies to bring in new business
- Address existing and prospective customer requests in a prompt and friendly matter, including booking new meetings and responding to inquiries regarding billing, eligibility, coverage, claims, and insurance policies
Training, Development Benefits
New York Life combines the latest in cutting edge blended training and development programs designed for a flexible schedule for this type of role, which can make a significant impact on the vision for your 5 career year plan.
The NYL multifaceted system includes:
- In conjunction with in-office trainings, access to New York Life’s online learning portal which houses a comprehensive user-friendly learning experience accessible anytime, anywhere, and from any device. Learn when and how you want!
- Ctrl+Click the link below to see the Financial Professional Agent benefits for this roll1 https://www.nylbenefits.com/agents
- We have Fast Track to Management opportunities for qualified professionals once established in the career.
- Client service experience as a sales representative a plus
- Active Life & Health insurance license is a strong bonus
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are a must
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
Desired Skills and Experience
- 4-year College Degree (Not Required)
- Strong interpersonal skills, customer service focused, doesn’t sweat the “extra mile”
- Articulate communicator both verbally and written
- Prior sales and/or business experience preferred
- High entrepreneurial focus, confident self-starter, innate problem solver, committed lifetime learner
- Fully capable of working individually, highly adaptable to a team environment
$40,000 - $60,000 yearly
About New York Life
As a mutual company, we are accountable only to you. That means we are fully aligned with our policy owners, not with outside investors or Wall Street. This allows us to focus on delivering lifelong value to our customers. As a mutual company, with no investors or outside owners, New York Life is uniquely aligned with our clients’ interests and priorities. New York Life has been around for over 174 years of industry success.
We are a Fortune 100 company and are ranked No. 71 in 2019 on the Fortune 500. New York Life is the Largest Mutual Insurer in the U.S1 New York Life has the highest financial strength ratings currently awarded to any U.S. life insurer from all four of the major credit rating agencies: A.M. Best (A++), Fitch (AAA), Moody’s Investors Service (Aaa), Standard & Poor’s (AA+) Source: Individual Third-Party Ratings Reports as of 7/30/18.