The Licensing Specialist is responsible for all aspects of company and branch licensing as well as providing administrative support to ownership. The Licensing Specialist must be comfortable working autonomously and managing their time effectively. Position requires a strong ability to multi-task, while maintaining attention to detail. The Licensing Specialist must be able to follow strict licensing rules and regulations while also being flexible in adhering to other directives by management.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position:
- Works closely with branch managers to obtain and maintain required licensing with multiple agencies
- Communicate directly with the state licensing departments to facilitate the licensing process, including the resolution of any licensing issues
- Gathers relevant information and documentation necessary for new investor applications, annual recertifications, and state exams. This often requires working with other departments to achieve
- Executes and submits required weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting to multiple agencies
- Manages/maintains branch leases, including execution and expiration follow-up
- Manages/maintains tenant leases, rent payments, and communication as well as execution and expiration follow-up
- Assists branch with finding property and office equipment and furnishings when needed
- Responsible for office support duties such as greeting customers, coordinating lunch for meetings and Corporate functions, ordering supplies, maintaining contracts/relationships with cleaning companies
- Responsible for coordination of follow-up with service providers for both Corporate office and tenants
- This position performs additional duties as assigned
- Required administrative experience of at least one year is required
- High school or equivalent education is required
- Requires effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Requires exceptional organizational skills and strong attention to details
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong aptitude and desire to provide excellent customer service to all employees, customers,
and the general public
- Ability to simultaneously manage and accomplish multiple tasks/projects and deadlines
- Highly motivated, ambitious, and driven to succeed
- Trustworthy, honest, and display a high level of integrity
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Able to understand and respond appropriately to basic inquires
- Able to read, write, and communicate using the English language sufficient to perform the job
- Ability to use Company equipment in assigned area (including but not limited to telephone
copiers, fax machines, computers, internet, etc.)
- Able to access, input, retrieve, and interpret information using applicable computer systems
(including, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, industry-specific computer software,
- Well-versed with keyboard shortcuts and able to identify new ways to complete a task in less time
- Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Works well under general supervision
- Able to handle deadlines and work within banking guidelines
Compliance with all Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML) laws, and Office of Foreign Asset Controls (OFAC) requirements is required. The employee must complete annual training in these areas.
About ALCOVA Mortgage
Most companies start with a business plan. ALCOVA Mortgage started with a friendship. Bound by common background and inspired by a passion to serve, childhood friends Bobby Nicely, Billy Siple and Rob Lindstrom dreamed of one day starting a business.
In 2003, the trio joined together to establish a mortgage company—ALCOVA—an acronym for Alleghany County, VA, in honor of their roots.
In 2012, ALCOVA Mortgage made its debut on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in the United States and has been recognized every year since. The company’s phenomenal growth of 96% in three years propelled it into the league of such legendary superstars that gained notoriety on the prestigious list as Dell, Microsoft, LinkedIn, Pandora, Timberland, Zillow, Yelp, and Domino’s Pizza.
Today, ALCOVA continues to thrive, largely because of its roots in a friendship and the passion to serve.