We are looking for a dedicated Licensed Real Estate Professional to oversee and grow a diverse portfolio of single-family and multi-family homes in the Long Beach area. The Mike Dunfee Group is an established and growing Property Management company that oversees over 400 properties giving them the know-how and experience to successfully manage properties, while at the same time providing hands-on, customized management.
As you know, Portfolio Management is a dynamic, fast-paced and ever-evolving field. This role offers unlimited growth potential, great benefits, sales bonuses, and a down to earth and supportive team in a progressive and fun office environment! When you join this team, you don't want to leave! No one leaves. They have a hip, fun, modern, and fun work environment. Your contribution matters! Join a company that cares about its employees.
If you are dedicated and passionate about the Real Estate Industry, specifically Portfolio Management, and enjoy generating revenue while nurturing existing relationships, then this role is for you.
Salary: $44,000 base plus bonus (potential to earn $50,000)
Hours: Full time, 40+ hrs/wk, Monday-Friday; Flexibility on nights and weekends required.
Benefits: Health benefits negotiable, car and cell phone allowance provided.
Location: Long Beach, CA, must live within 10-12 miles of Long Beach to be considered for this position.
You’ll do a little of everything, including but not limited to:
Building Maintenance and Tenant Management:
- Provide exceptional, white glove concierge customer service to clients, and serve as the first point-of-contact for tenants and owners.
- Coordinate and attend showings for prospective tenants.
- Maintain building systems by contracting maintenance services and supervising repairs.
- Maintain properties by investigating and resolving tenant complaints.
- Enforce rules of occupancy and apply occupancy policies and procedures by confronting violators if needed.
- Inspect vacant units, coordinate repairs, and plan renovations.
- Business Development:
- Generate new business by meeting with potential clients, attracting prospective tenants by advertising vacancies, obtaining referrals from current tenants, and explaining the advantages of location and services.
- Collect necessary property information, issue late notices, and negotiate and sign PM agreements.
Reporting and Financial Management:
- Oversee a high volume of calls and emails, confirming that all leases and corresponding paperwork is completed and inputted into system accurately and on a timely basis, ensure current resident files are properly maintained, and all administrative paperwork is accurate.
- Establish rental rate by surveying local rental rates and calculating overhead costs, depreciation, taxes, and profit goals.
- Assist with Bookkeeping (i.e. checks and balances) and accomplish financial objectives by collecting rents, approving bills, forecasting, scheduling expenditures, and analyzing variances and initiating corrective action.
- Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Real Estate experience required - experience as an Agent is highly preferred.
- An active CA Real Estate License is required.
- Property management experience a huge plus.
- Spanish language skills are a plus, but not required.
We are looking for a Team Player who loves serving their clients and tenants. Does this describe you?
- Customer service driven 100% of the time.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Personable, down to earth and enjoys building and maintaining relationships. You love real estate, people and solving problems.
- Detail-focused, self-starter, deadline-driven, creative, and able to prioritize accordingly.
- Systems-oriented and highly dedicated, able to anticipate needs, and are willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Diplomatic, comfortable communicating with property owners and tenants.
- Able to work with different personality types and you enjoy building long-lasting, quality business relationships while interacting with clients.
- Enjoy contributing to a team environment with the ability to collaborate in a proactive style to assist all team members.
- Trustworthy team player; able to work independently with minimal supervision.
Key Software Proficiency:
- Property management software applications experience is a plus (such as Appfolio and Rently)
- MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Google Suite
$44,000 base plus bonus (potential to earn $50,000)