The Hazel Counseling Center for Families and Children, PLLC
We are actively seeking a compassionate mental health therapist for our clinic who is committed to therapeutic excellence for our patients. You will be responsible for doing diagnostic assessments, making customized treatment plans with goals and objectives, providing crisis intervention as needed, and following up with patients to ensure they are receiving appropriate ongoing care. The ideal candidate will have 1-3 years of clinical experience working with mental health patients as well as a current LMHC (licensed mental health counselor) license. Apply today if you’re excited about this opportunity to advance your career in the mental health field.
- Work with patients to develop individualized treatment plans with goals and objectives
- Assess patients’ mental condition based on review of medical information, interviews, observation, tests, and collaboration with other staff members
- Recommend community services or specialists for patients and family members in need
- Evaluate patients’ circumstances on a regular basis and provide necessary follow-up care
- Assist with intervention for patients when a crisis occurs
- Provide ongoing services in pleasant therapy clinic
- Use integrative approaches to achieve the best outcomes
- Collaborate with other therapists for professional development
- Licensure in the state you reside as a licensed mental health counselor (LMHC) or the equivalent is required
- Must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent and a bachelor’s degree in counseling, social work, or related field; preference to those with a master’s degree
- A minimum of 1-3 years of experience in a clinical setting working as a mental health therapist
- Possess excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, and great communication and interpersonal skills
- Requires CPR and BLS (Basic Life Support) certifications
- Current and unrestricted state license as an LMHC, LCSW, LMFT or Licensed Psychologist. Will consider registered interns with play therapy experience.
$50 - $65 per hour
About The Hazel Counseling Center for Families and Children, PLLC
The Hazel Counseling Center for Families and Children, PLLC was founded in 2008. The goal of the center is to provide an environment of learning and growth for both clients and therapists. The therapy services offered include integrative approaches that include traditional talk therapy but go beyond talk as this is often what is needed for healing and resolution of difficulties.
The center serves individuals of all ages including the very young, families, couples and adults through all stages of development. We support clients of diverse backgrounds and strive to provide a safe space for all who seek our services. We work collaboratively with physicians, schools, and other professionals for coordinated care. We also work together closely in order to promote our own learning and growth as mental health therapists with the understanding that ongoing training and professional development is a key to supporting client growth.