A.C.C.E.P.T. Family Counseling, Inc.
Our clinic is looking for a caring mental health therapist dedicated to providing the best possible therapeutic service to our patients. You'll be in charge of doing diagnostic evaluations, developing tailored treatment plans with goals and objectives, offering crisis intervention when needed, and following up with patients to ensure they're getting the best care possible. The ideal applicant will have 1-3 years of clinical experience treating mental health patients and a current LMHC license (licensed mental health counselor). If you're interested in advancing your mental health career, apply today!
- Refer patients and family members to community resources or to specialists as necessary
- Work with patients to develop individualized treatment plans with goals and objectives
- Aid with crisis intervention for patients when they are in a state of distress
- Reassess patient situations and provide appropriate follow-up care based on their current needs
- Use patient medical information, interviews, observation, and testing as well as collaboration with other staff members to determine a patient’s mental health status
- Requires CPR and BLS (Basic Life Support) certifications
- A minimum of 1-3 years of experience in a clinical setting working as a mental health therapist
- Must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent and a bachelor’s degree in counseling, social work, or related field; preference to those with a master’s degree
- Licensure in the state you reside as a licensed mental health counselor (LMHC) or the equivalent is required
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Licensed with the California Board of Behavioral Sciences
- Possess a master’s degree in Social Work
- Qualify to join insurance panels
- Knowledge and basic skills in counseling practices and methods
- Ability to plan, implement, evaluate and report activities conducted
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and to prepare written and electronic documents
- Ability to communicate orally, both in person and by telephone
- Ability to establish rapport with others is a requisite for healthy and therapeutic relationships
- Ability to be both consistent and flexible as circumstances warrant
- Ability to effectively weigh and evaluate personal needs, client needs, and the aims and policies of the agency and to respond and negotiate these competing needs as appropriate
- Ability to remain calm and supportive in psychological emergencies and/or crises
$50,000 Depending on Experience
About A.C.C.E.P.T. Family Counseling, Inc.
A.C.C.E.P.T. Family Counseling, Inc. staff are qualified professionals with the desire in helping relieve mental health issues such as anxieties, depression, PTSD, relationship issues, couple issues, children, and adolescent behavioral issues, and more.